Stock market returns

Dear Mr. vijayvaliya

Its very difficult to say about exact data inside stock market for this we require bunch of ratio and lots of gut feel to predict any out come.

Your question were about equity and its return from last 20 years graph
my meaning was to pick up one script like reliance find the rate of jan end 1990 I already send you 20 years graphs of stock market compare reliance rate with 1990 to 2009 (jan end with sensex development) an make a graph & send me one copy also you will find better ratio of equity advancement. You can take so many scripts to compare.

gold , rupee , milk rates are the part of subjections for example you said in year of 1992 gold was around rs 4000 / gm that moment reliance share pries was around 300 now gold is around 15000/-gm and reliance is rs 2000/-
Means gold got 4 time hike and reliance got 6.5 times hike.& milk got 14 times hike.

So my dear investment in gold is better but equity always provide

Higher return but it is full of tensions & fluctuations with scam and Corruption

so very long term view point is very risk example -: satyam

AD123

Dear amit,

I am not able to make out the point you are trying to tell. May be the time i started investing (14-15 years back) sensex was around 2800, and today it stand at 15000 (with a very low of around 8000 in March). gold during those days costed something 400 per gram (I dont remember about milk) today it costs around 1500 per gram. So what are you driving at? The equity is appreciating faster than consumer goods? Please tell me exactly what is the message you are trying to communicate.

Last edited:
Dear amit,

I dont have the data of our stocks prior to one year. Even whatever data i have i have not any adjustments with respect to bonus, splits etc.

But I sincerely feel that data must be made available for (Not only indian markets, but all major markets of the world), which will be a great help to people who are into research areas. What is your opinion on this?

It is too general to ask that question. How much return you can make depends on a whole lot of things. For example,
your capital,
the stocks you are tracking
trading strategies etc.

Some stocks give returns of 2000% in a single year while some end up giving 90% loss in a year. On average many stocks follow the indices, so if the index makes 200% gain then average investor too would make that much in the same year.

It is too general to ask that question. How much return you can make depends on a whole lot of things. For example,
your capital,
the stocks you are tracking
trading strategies etc.

Some stocks give returns of 2000% in a single year while some end up giving 90% loss in a year. On average many stocks follow the indices, so if the index makes 200% gain then average investor too would make that much in the same year.
Dear benjamin,

This was not on a hypothetical return. but we are trying to figure out what actually people got, in comparison to their expectations. Thanks for your response