Stock Market Basic Knowledge

Hi,

I am a new entrant in the stock market who wants to earn like everyone a lot of money.

I am completely new and have no knowledge about stock market. I would like to know from the basic jargon of stock market.

What is intra-day trading?

What is margin and margin trading?

What is Buymargin and Sellmargin?

What is future and options? How does it function - If someone can explain with few examples that would be great?

What is short sell?

How is short sell different from sell?

Is short sell necessarily an intra-day trading?

What is market depth?

What is option chain?

What is difference between Book value and face value? What is significance of these terms?

What is difference between trading on NSE and BSE? Which one should be preferred and why?

Regards,
Ankur

anup

Hi,

I am a new entrant in the stock market who wants to earn like everyone a lot of money.

I am completely new and have no knowledge about stock market. I would like to know from the basic jargon of stock market.

What is intra-day trading?

What is margin and margin trading?

What is Buymargin and Sellmargin?

What is future and options? How does it function - If someone can explain with few examples that would be great?

What is short sell?

How is short sell different from sell?

Is short sell necessarily an intra-day trading?

What is market depth?

What is option chain?

What is difference between Book value and face value? What is significance of these terms?

What is difference between trading on NSE and BSE? Which one should be preferred and why?

Regards,
Ankur
Dear Ankur, Welcome to TJ.There are few threads which explains basic concepts of trading in TJ, Try to find it out.TJ is a ocean and you need to have patience to learn trading. Everything cannot happen in a single day, Take your time and do your research and then come back to ask questions so that people can answer.No freebies here.