Stock Charts From YHOO Site in Excel

chachi

Dear friends,

Herewith you may find an excel utility for viewing Stock Charts From Yahoo site.
Hope it will be of some help to you guys. Any comments about the file may please be posted here for the improvement.

The features about the utility file may be found in the Help Sheet of the file.

regards
Chachi
____________________________________________________________________________________

Version 1.1 dated 27-08-2006

File link is provided at the end....

About File StkChartsFromVariousSitesInXL_V1.1

• List of Stocks, both for NSE and BSE are placed in the sheet by name "ListOfStocks". Any additions/deletions can be made to this sheet & can be sorted by clicking Sort button. The updated stocks will appear in StockChart sheet, cells J2, K2 & L2.

• Yahoo NSE Indices are added in the First coloumn (A:A) of Sheet "ListOfStocks". Any new indices may be added in this coloumn for viewing corresponding charts.

• StockChart sheet gives you drop down cells, J2 & K2, for selecting the scrip you need. Drop down arrow appears when you select these cells.

• For BSE stock - name to be selected from the list in K2 cell and the code automatically loads in L2. Click on this code in L2 cell and select the type of chart you need to view.

• NSE & BSE-site charts gets loaded from NSE & BSE sites respectively and are real time charts.

• NSE-site Chart, a real time chart but a basic type chart.

• BSE-site Chart is real time and a Technical Analysis chart.

• Both BSE and NSE-Charts are Interactive charts. i.e. you can interact with them by selecting various parameters from within the chart window and get the results.

• Yahoo Real Time Basic chart is also provided, enhancing the features.

• In case of NSE & BSE-site charts the Back & Forward button loads from the site and not from the memory and hence the loading takes a while.

• Charts from BSE and NSE require java applets and may not load if it is absent in your PC.

• If you need to view any other scrip chart by putting its name, you can do it by inputting directly in B2 cell. For NSE stocks, input its name without ".NS" & for BSE stocks input its code including ".BO". This input will not disturb any settings.

• For viewing any NSE scrip, now you need to input the NSE scrip name as available in NSE BhavCopy (up to 10 chars), without any ".NS" attached to it. For the same scrip Yahoo charts takes only 9 characters automatically.

• You may use ctrl + mouse scroll to zoom in and zoom out the window.

• This Workbook is prepared and tested successfully under Windows XP and Office 2003 environment.

• Allowing Customization of charts from yahoo site is yet to be worked out & will be produced later.

Any comments/suggestions may please be posted here in this thread

Regards
Chachi

Download :-
................................................................................................................................

Link for the Version 1.1 dated 27-08-2006... Version 1.1

................................................................................................................................

Link for the Version 1.2 dated 08-09-2006... Version 1.2

First version dated 23-08-2006:-

Last edited:

Niranjanam

Re: Stock Charts From Yahoo Site in Excel

Hi Chachi

Please do visit http://www.gummy-stuff.org/
You will find around 300 excel tools to play with
As you can programe in excel,I am sure you can make use
of this site well

Regards
Niranjanam

SGM

Dear friends,

Herewith you may find a excel utility for viewing Stock Charts From Yahoo site.
Hope it will be of some help to you guys. Any comments about the file may please be posted here for the improvement.

The features about the utility file may be found in the Help Sheet of the file.

regards
Chachi
Hello

Nice work. Now it comes with Password Protection, guess u picked up that one from one of your Dronacharyas from Pune :)

One initial suggestion: You can make better use of the Real Estate.

Replace the list of companies on the left 3 columns with a drop down list in the first few rows itself, this way you can get more space for the charts.

A validation drop down list

These lists are contained within a cell on your worksheet and the drop down arrow (to the right of the cell) does not appear unless the cell is selected. To add a list to a worksheet place the cursor in the required cell and then select from menu --> Data | Validation | Settings.

In the dialog box select 'Allow: List' and ensure the 'In-cell dropdown' box is ticked. The source data refers to a range of cells containing the selection of options. If you use the mouse to point to a range of cells (all the company names), they must normally be contained on the same worksheet. If however you have named the range of cells (e.g. '=ConsNames') containing your data, it can be anywhere in the workbook.
Regards
Sanjay

chachi

Hello

Nice work. Now it comes with Password Protection, guess u picked up that one from one of your Dronacharyas from Pune :)

One initial suggestion: You can make better use of the Real Estate.

Replace the list of companies on the left 3 columns with a drop down list in the first few rows itself, this way you can get more space for the charts.

Regards
Sanjay
Hi Sanjay,

Thanx for the nice suggestions. Very useful ones of course. I liked this quote "you can make better use of the Real Estate" :D

Regards
Chachi

chachi

Dear Friends

Link for the New version 1.1 of StkChartsFromVariousSitesInXL is posted in the First post of this thread.

Your valuable comments are most welcome.

Happy Charting

Regards
Chachi

Real great stuff Chachi,

Also niranjan mentioned the website http://www.gummy-stuff.org/ -- this is a real great place to learn VBA macros, monte carlo simulation. He is a maths prof from cannada and gives real great info.

Chachi - if u can provide the macro for the excel sheet it will be nice for lot of ppl to learn new things.

- but amazing stuff that u have made. hats off to you

chachi

Real great stuff Chachi,

Also niranjan mentioned the website http://www.gummy-stuff.org/ -- this is a real great place to learn VBA macros, monte carlo simulation. He is a maths prof from cannada and gives real great info.

Chachi - if u can provide the macro for the excel sheet it will be nice for lot of ppl to learn new things.

- but amazing stuff that u have made. hats off to you
Dear Scorpio,

Many Thanks for the nice words you have for me.

Yes I have visited the site provided by niranjan, looks nice site. I am yet to explore that.

Regarding the code used, I suggest you to visit.... http://www.traderji.com/55732-post125.html where I have posted my raw worksheet used for the viewing the charts without any password usage. Further if you require password for the current version i am ready to share. Please pm me. If you require to know anything with regard to my file, dont hesitate to ask me.

Once again thanks for the appreciation.

Regards
Chachi

Chachi, thanks for that link, once again, I was really impressed the way u captured the images. I was curious to know. Not sure where else we can implement this, but did want to learn.

I am sure a lot of ppl will benifit by your work.
great going :)