Starting From Scrath - My Dairy And Experience

atulaw

25k is your trading amount.. you can withdraw it at any time unless it has been blocked for any trades...
Broker agents generally tell you to show the amount for one week or so, so they can pass lower brokerages while registering. After which you can remove the amount if you are not going to utilize that amount.

superman

just found that my SBI account is Non Cheque type and one has to place a request to change it to cheque type and then only cheque book request will be processed by the branch :( So the next whole week will be reserved for cheque book collection

Last edited:

bunny

just found that my SBI account Non Cheque type and one has to place a request to change it to cheque type and then only cheque book request will be processed by the branch :( So the next whole week will be reserved for cheque book collection
Why are you in such an hurry to open the account? Let it take its own time. You are not prepared to invest anyways.

superman

Why are you in such an hurry to open the account? Let it take its own time. You are not prepared to invest anyways.
Very true indeed ..
I know i am acting childish but cant help :p
Dunno whether it will happen to all first timers or not ..but the feeling of entering the market or trading at first,drives one crazy to get into trading as soon as possible even though one may not even know the ABCD of stocks,shares,equities,MF :eek:

AW10

Superman, hope u are paying attention to learning the basics of trading..and know how the trading is done.. how the risk is managed etc etc.
Trading is one of the easiest thing to do..doesn't need much skill to place a trade. tomorrow yr acct will be open.. right from yr RM, CNBC, TJ threads, many other tip providers will say something and u will go ahead and place the buy trade (most likely)..and when it goes against you (belive me sooner or later you will see trades going against you). you would not know what to do..

Don't fall in that trap.. learn what is trading, how to read charts, where to buy/sell.. define your game plan i.e trading strategy.. and be fully prepared.. In this profession majority of people enter thinking that they know how to make money.. but in next few months when they loose major part of their acct, then they realise that NO, they did not the right trading.. that is when they learn proper trading.. and only some of them see growth in their acct and trading performance..

This profession is one of the most difficult one to master and succeed.

Wishing you all the best..
Happy Trading

superman

Here are the facts i have learnt in IPO

IPO stands for Inital Public Offerings where the shares are sold at a fixed price
The shares may be unlisted shares or company selling its share to get capital.There will be normally a range of share price where the general public can bid for their price accordingly.This is called price band

The number of allocated shares is fixed and the company finds the cut off share price value by adding shares from higgest bid and finding where the allocated shares get sold out

ex: 100 shares of face value 10 being sold at price band 100-120
A bids for 120 rs :50 shares
B bids for 115 rs :50 shares
C bids for 110 rs :50 shares

In this case 115 will be the cut off and only A and B will be allocated shares
C will be refunded his share amount
And also A will be refunded 5rs x 50=250 rs because the value of share is decided to be 115 not 120

Normally this will not happen. Many will bid at the high price band itself.Lets say the high price band has demand of 1000 shares but only 100 shares is available then everyone will get 1/10 th of the share they applied for

In many cases there will be lottery based system b/w investors too if there is very high demand of share.

There will be a minimum equity shares to be purchased. say something like 60 and there might be a lock period lets say 1 month where one cannot sell the share

Last edited:

superman

Am i missing any important point about IPO .. or have wrongly states some point ..?
I have following doubts

1.If the share is unlisted then can there be a price band too ..
I saw in today's paper ad of JSW shares.. they state "price band 100 to 115 per equity share of face value rs 10..."
I presumed they are selling some part of their shares to get the capital. Am i right ..?
What will happen if a new share calls for IPO .. will there be a price band too or just the fixed face value

2.If a share is brought via IPO and after lock period,can well sell it like the normal shares that one will do intraday trading ..?

3.In case of investors don't having trading account,shares are brought via DP firms like karvy,kotak etc.
What are the procedures that they should follow to sell them..? what will be the price that they will get ? EOD value or the intermediate value ?

superman

Ok .. i think the first part is over
Filled the form and completed all procedures for demat+trading account from geojit
They charged me 725rs... i didnt availed for marginal account

Will take 10 business days for me getting the account and additional 3-5 days for getting online trading kit

So whole month