Starting an SIP - HDFC Funds

Jesse the Quote holds true!!

For example assume I have subscribed to four SIP's on a monthly basis.

The Quote indicates that instead of selecting a single date in a month to invest in all the four SIP's go for multiple dates i.e suppose the opted dates are 1,7,15,25 the risk would be further averaged and is low:thumb:.

found this on the blog.....

could anyone explain how the div. reinvest option give more return than the growth option ? thanks.
A slight difference between Dividend Reinvestment v/s Growth is decided based on the tax policy. Now there is divident distribution tax and hence Growth option is a clear winner. If tomorrow, long-term capital gains tax is imposed, Growth can't touch Dividend Reinvestment.

Source:
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/mf...-growth-–-let-your-taxes-decide_224249-0.html

Hi All,

I am planning to go for an SIP with an amount of Rs.8000 per month for the next 8 years. I am planing to invest in HDFC Top 200 and HDFC Equity funds on a 50-50 basis.

But considering the current bull market (sensex around 20400 right now) should I still go ahead with the SIP or wait for the market to come down a little?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Siva
HDFC Top 200 is a good choice. You can also think of investing in ICICI Pru Discovery Fund (G) and IDFC Premier Equity Fund (G). Someone has already suggested DSPBR 100, which is also a good choice. You may also want to consider investing in NIFTY. If I were you, I'd break the SIP amount that you are planning to invest into 2-3 funds at least preferably not all from the same stable. Hope this helps.