Sridhar's Trading Dairy

sridhga

BEL: Low volumes and Reduction in Futures OI with an increase in price is not convincing. Traders exited on Friday at least on this counter. It appears that there is no confidence in this scrip.

sridhga

Tata Elxsi: Just moving up because of USD strength. Was range bound for several days between 1425 and 1450. Today, USD is down to 69.84. Will Elxsi take a hit? Asian markets are mixed. I may trade if Elxsi shows any weakness. Let us watch.

sridhga

Barring Japan which is marginally in the red all of Asia and OZ is in green. SGX Nifty indicates green. Most likely BEL will move into green today despite low volumes on Friday.

sridhga

Product Instrument__________ P&L
MIS BEL18AUGFUT __________ +3960
BO TATAELXSI18AUGFUT ____ +5280

Total________________________ + 9240

Trans Chgs (2 Lots) _________ -450

Balance____________________ + 8790

sridhga

BEL is appearing weak. I already made money by making a long trade on BEL and Short trade on Elxsi. Now, I will just observe.

I still think BEL weakness is just a pullback (temporary).

Last edited:

sridhga

BEL did move up yesterday but not very significantly. Ex-dividend factors could also have played a role. But, in that case, shouldn't volumes go up? Now, we notice that volumes are coming down to 30 Lakh levels, which matches the daily averages, before the result expectation mania started. Large investor buying is not visible any more. Today much of Asia and Aussie markets are trading in the red (or mixed, maybe). I cannot seem to take a guess about BEL. I will wait and watch the opening.

sridhga

Elxsi: USD has fallen further yesterday. SGX nifty is in the negative territory. I expect Elxsi downslide to continue further for today. I may trade shorting Elxsi.