Slippages in a SL-M orders

rh6996

I plan to trade intraday in which I wish to use stop loss orders as my SL tool ,
but with what I am hearing here its looking like its too risky too use SL-M orders,
Is there any other solution to this problem? Please advice
Give a SL limit order, say trigger 5157 buy upto 5160! It can jump and you may not get your Long so when the makret is nearing your trigger be alert and be ready to change your trade level after it is triggered and if not traded!
Usually before you change the levels the trade would be traded within 5160/- In my personal opinion a 2 to 3 rupee spread should be 90% of the times adequate. Though I know people who give the trade as follows :
Trigger : 5157.05 Buy upto 5157.20 !!! :)

sumosanammain

250 points slippage NIFTY mein :confused::confused::confused: Bhagwan ke liye bol do yeh sab Jhoot hai ...plz Gareeb log mar jaayeinge itnee slippage se.......
Why not do it this way. Use a sl-l order for entry. And a sl-l order for half the exit and a sl-m order for the other half.

Some effort required, but hey, its always safety first.

i am sorry but I am kind of confused, I was under the impression that Nifty is liquid and usally the slippages are not more then .5 to 1 points
Now I am hearing that is 3 point usually .. and 20 in a fast moving market and 250 pts is a worst case scenario

sumosanammain

i am sorry but I am kind of confused, I was under the impression that Nifty is liquid and usally the slippages are not more then .5 to 1 points
Now I am hearing that is 3 point usually .. and 20 in a fast moving market and 250 pts is a worst case scenario
No, its .5 to 1 point usually, 5 to 10 points maybe 2 times a month, and 250 points maybe once in 2 years.

But hey, today could be jimmy shaker day :D

250 points plus slippage, on 20th April 2012. Time 2:26 pm.

Yes, one in a million chance, but that one time would wipe out your entire capital in a few nanoseconds.

Forget 250 points. Can you take a 50 point slippage? I think not. So, .................
Wow, that put a few things in perspective for me. Thanks a lot for this information. :thumb:

toocool

I don't get it

Maybe something is wrong with me but I don't hesitate in keeping 10 points difference in sl order trigger and limit price, how does it even matter if I keep it 1 point difference or 10?
If the volatility is too much and 1 point difference is not good and I want immidiately filled order why not put 10 point difference? 95 % times only max 2-3 points slippage will be there