Simple Coding Help - No Promise.

Help needed in plotting buy sell arrows. Bias 24 Crossing 0 line.

Regards
Debashish

Replace the 4 lines

Code:
Buy  = Cross(b3, b4);
Sell = Cross(b4, b3) ;

PlotShapes(IIf(Buy==1, shapeUpArrow , shapeNone), colorGreen,0,b4,-20);
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell==1, shapeDownArrow, shapeNone), colorRed,0,b4,-20);

Happy :)

Hi,
Can there be a sound alert/pop up after every thirty minutes while backtesting in Amibroker?

Hi

I have not gone through your code.

But seems the difference is due to
The close of candle on which your sell/cover signals are triggered is considered as the trade price.

If you want to use fixed points for profit and/or loss why not simply try using the builtin function.

ApplyStop( type, mode, amount, exitatstop, volatile = False, ReEntryDelay = 0 )

No need to use a loop simply define your Buy/Sell/Short/Cover conditions and use stops
something like
Code:
Profit = 30;
Loss   = 10;
ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit, stopModePoint,Profit,ExitAtStop=1);
ApplyStop(stopTypeLoss, stopModePoint,Loss,ExitAtStop=1);

Thank you happy ji..I will try out as mentioned above :)

Thank you happy ji..I will try out as mentioned above :)
Try this

Code:
Buyc   = C > Ref(LSA, -P3) AND C > Ref( LSB, -P3) AND CL > BL;
Shortc = C < Ref(LSA, -P3) AND C < Ref( LSB, -P3) AND CL < BL;

Buy  = Cover = Ref(Buyc, -1) ==1; 
Sell = Short = Ref(Shortc,-1)==1;

Buy  = ExRem(Buy,Sell);		Short = ExRem(Short,Cover);
Sell = ExRem(Sell,Buy);		Cover = ExRem(Cover,Short);

Profit = 1.6;		Loss   = 0.5;
ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit, stopModePercent,Profit,ExitAtStop=1);
ApplyStop(stopTypeLoss, stopModePercent,Loss,ExitAtStop=1);

Hi,
Can there be a sound alert/pop up after every thirty minutes while backtesting in Amibroker?
Every 30 minutes?

How long does your back test take? Longest I have ever seen a backtest run is 80 seconds.

Every 30 minutes?

How long does your back test take? Longest I have ever seen a backtest run is 80 seconds.
Seems I didnt elaborate. I backtest manually, bar by bar, with some Price Action strategy. And after every 30 minutes of the market, I also need to check what the 30 min bar is saying. So instead of keeping a check of how far I have advanced in the market timing, if there is some way that alerts me at 9.30, 10.00 and so on according to the bar in Amibroker timing, I would focus more on analysing.

Regards
Krushna.

Seems I didnt elaborate. I backtest manually, bar by bar, with some Price Action strategy. And after every 30 minutes of the market, I also need to check what the 30 min bar is saying. So instead of keeping a check of how far I have advanced in the market timing, if there is some way that alerts me at 9.30, 10.00 and so on according to the bar in Amibroker timing, I would focus more on analysing.

Regards
Krushna.
Code:
AlertIf(GetSecondNum() % (30*60) <= 10, "SOUND C:\\MyAlertMusic.wav", "Audio Alert", 2 );

Use a sound file in wav format, rename it as MyAlertMusic.wav put it on root of C drive.

The sound file will play every 30 minutes, when amibroker is open

Have not tested it for back testing, may not work with bar by bar replay mode

Regards
Krushna.
instead of sound alert you can also try inserting this code in your lower time frame chart

Code:
PlotShapes((floor(((TimeNum()%10000)/100)-0.01)==29)*7,colorWhite,0,L);

Krushna said:
instead of sound alert you can also try inserting this code in your lower time frame chart

Code:
PlotShapes((floor(((TimeNum()%10000)/100)-0.01)==29)*7,colorWhite,0,L);
Hmmmm.... Source of Confusion is your inappropriate usage of term back-testing.

Anyways, there is a tool called "Cycle Lines" in Amibroker which can do what you want. Its bitmap image has three parallel vertical lines with one dashed horizontal line cutting it. You can use this tool to place repeating vertical lines on screen at preset intervals.

Drag and drop the tool and then double-click it to manually do the settings.

Some tips on doing the manual settings: Keep value of Start Y and End Y same. Manually enter start time as 9:30 AM and end time as 10:00 AM.

Extra tip: Keep color extremely faint