Simple Coding Help - No Promise.

The amibroker done according to your demand. Not don't by the mass market.

You want to know why? then you need to goto that bar that fail you, print out all the results into the log window and check back your conditions.
I dont know why youre talking about trading... I just asked about coding. Its obvious i didnt write the "linear regression direction" condition right. Its obvious that "conditionSlope = slope >0;" isnt working the way I want. So I came here to see if someone could help me to write the condition right.

I REALLY dont need lessons about trading. I trade for a long time. I live from the trades I make. Thats my profession, thats where I earn everything I have. If i didnt know what Im doing, then I would have broke a long time ago. But I do it manually, and there are things that I KNOW THAT WORK, and can be made with a well configured robot. So, please, lets stop this chat of me having to focus in S/R or whatever. Lets focus only in the coding thing.

Thanks. :thumb:

KelvinHand

I dont know why youre talking about trading... I just asked about coding. Its obvious i didnt write the "linear regression direction" condition right. Its obvious that "conditionSlope = slope >0;" isnt working the way I want. So I came here to see if someone could help me to write the condition right.

I REALLY dont need lessons about trading. I trade for a long time. I live from the trades I make. Thats my profession, thats where I earn everything I have. If i didnt know what Im doing, then I would have broke a long time ago. But I do it manually, and there are things that I KNOW THAT WORK, and can be made with a well configured robot. So, please, lets stop this chat of me having to focus in S/R or whatever. Lets focus only in the coding thing.

Sorry For that. I did not know you are expert in trading. I thought you want
to know the trading why?
I just found out the slope is not given any value.
:confused:

You need to use the _Trace() to log window to figure out yourself
eg.
_Trace( "Periods = " + NumToStr(Periods));

amitrandive

Now I understand why Pratap Sir left this thread.:mad::mad::mad:

Sorry For that. I did not know you are expert in trading. I thought you want
to know the trading why?
I just found out the slope is not given any value.
:confused:

You need to use the _Trace() to log window to figure out yourself
eg.
_Trace( "Periods = " + NumToStr(Periods));
I didnt say I was an expert in trading. I just make it clear that I didnt need the kind of lessons you were giving me. I'm sorry if I sounded rude.

About the slope, I though it worked like in the equation y = a +bx, where B determine the slope (+ upward, - downward). I even did chance it to:

slope = dbb (from the "yy = daa + dbb * xx;" equation) and put it to change color depending of the direction. It works really well for color, it changes to blue when slope >0, and to red when slope <0. So I dont know why it doesnt work for the buycondition.

I'll try your tip.

Thanks. And I'm sorry again if I sounded rude.

Now I understand why Pratap Sir left this thread.:mad::mad::mad:

really? you guys were kind of trolling me, so I just made my point clear. I dont know why you guys started talking about trading psycology and stuff. And even after I said what I really wanted, you guys kept continuing with the trolling. Maybe the mistake was mine for not explaining too well what i wanted help for.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and sorry for any inconvenience. Best regards.

KelvinHand

I didnt say I was an expert in trading. I just make it clear that I didnt need the kind of lessons you were giving me. I'm sorry if I sounded rude.

About the slope, I though it worked like in the equation y = a +bx, where B determine the slope (+ upward, - downward). I even did chance it to:

slope = dbb (from the "yy = daa + dbb * xx;" equation) and put it to change color depending of the direction. It works really well for color, it changes to blue when slope >0, and to red when slope <0. So I dont know why it doesnt work for the buycondition.

I'll try your tip.

Thanks. And I'm sorry again if I sounded rude.
Don't take it too hard. it all my mistake.

Your buycondition got 3 conditions. If your slope condition is right, but any of the other 2 is false, immediate return false.

Last edited:

trash

The computer cant make it? Amibroker cant make it? I didnt understand KelvinHand because I didnt know what his statement had to do with coding itself.

But if what you two mean is that amibroker cant handle these conditions well (and because of it, it shows errors in the backtest), then its just sad. :(
Programming noobs like you pi** me off already again. Always the same talk. "AB is not doing what I want so it can't do what I want it to do. AB is full of bugs! Blah, blah, blah ....".

People can't code and don't know what they do but blame a software working bug free for years and being made by a programmer who is one of the best on this planet.

Here is some enlightenment:
First fact, you can't program.
Second fact, you don't know what your copy&pasted code is doing.
Third fact, that's why you are a noob.
Fourth fact, AB doesn't show errors in backtest. AB outputs what you input.
Fifth fact, AB is working perfectly fine.

Now do you see this?

And here you see that your time exit condition also works in conjunction with SL and TP if those ones don't get triggered

What does it tell you? It tells you that you have no idea what you are talking about and that you are far far away from being an expert being in a position to claim "AB can't do this and can't do that". So if you don't know anything then better stop talking or writing in the first place. Leave expert stuff to real experts then.

Rant end.

Last edited:

trash

@Momozo, there is one thing I agree with you. The two guys (KelvinHand and amitrandive) have misunderstood what you are after and that you are talking about the code. But KelvinHand has already admitted his mistake.

Programming noobs like you pi** me off already again. Always the same talk. "AB is not doing what I want so it can't do what I want it to do. AB is full of bugs! Blah, blah, blah ....".

People can't code and don't know what they do but blame a software working bug free for years and being made by a programmer who is one of the best on this planet.

Here is some enlightenment:
First fact, you can't program.
Second fact, you don't know what your copy&pasted code is doing.
Third fact, that's why you are a noob.
Fourth fact, AB doesn't show errors in backtest. AB outputs what you input.
Fifth fact, AB is working perfectly fine.

Now do you see this?

And here you see that your time exit condition also works in conjunction with SL and TP if those ones don't get triggered

What does it tell you? It tells you that you have no idea what you are talking about and that you are far far away from being an expert being in a position to claim "AB can't do this and can't do that". So if you don't know anything then better stop talking or writing in the first place. Leave expert stuff to real experts then.

Rant end.
Mr. Trash, I think I'm having problems with my english.

I NEVER said the amibroker was bugged. NEVER. I ASKED (it was a question) if the program couldnt handle the conditions I wanted because I didnt understand very well when Mr. KevinHand said:

Let me blunt to you. Quite stupid to consider that the indicator/tool will work for you all the time. There are price action, supply n demand/support n resistance come into play that you are not consider. Your eye is your system.
I even asked if he was talking about trading itself or about the amibroker coding. So I asked if amibroker couldnt handle what I wanted.

Then later I repplied:

You dont need to be pissed at me because I didnt do what you think I did. I'm not the kind of person who puts the weight of my mistakes on others shoulders (on amibroker's in this case) without beeing absolute certain about the causes.

I'm really a noob in programming, and if I ask something, is because I want and will learn from this something.

Anyway, thanks for showing me its possible. I apreciate it. And sorry if I offended. As I said, I never accused Amibroker of beeing bugged.