short=shortx;
sell=sellx;
cover=coverx;

buy=exrem(buy,sell);
sell=exrem(sell,buy);
short=exrem(short,cover);
cover=exrem(cover,short);

in this conditions , if we want to put a initial sl of 50 points
our positions should cover off either on initial sl or on our sell cover conditions , whichever hits earlier .........,than what lines to add ?

dell

more than 50 loosing points trades are still there.......

u may say , i want maximum loss on my trade is 50 points , my trade will cutoff when after buy ,price went below 50 poinths in any case .............and viceversa

In need of an AFL or an idea that can be put into an AFL for 1-3Min TF trading.
This may be helpful for 5 min tf..
Its called the four confirmation setup
See hourly candle lets say at 10:00
See 30min candle at 10:00
See 15min candle at 10:00
See 5min candle at 10:00
if all the four candles are bullish, then we place a buy order at the close price at 1000 with sl at the low of 5min candle at 10 and profit target as 2 times risk. i.e 2*(c-l) of the 5 min candle at 10.

This is the basic setup and gives good success ratio.. if its 50 also then also this is a winning strategy.

There are many thing which can be looked into such as the definition of a bull candle(we here take it as c>o), the logic of trailing stops, the scaling logic etc.

But this is basic. I chked manually on sbin for about 2 months and results were good.

Can you prepare a afl for this. i presume it would not be that much of hard work seeing your activity on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I can do it. But would it give the success ratio and profitability as you are expecting? If possible show me a simple chart image highlighting this working.

I think it is a good setup as it is on a very small tf and along the direction of a strong trend.. and moreover the trades will be of very small duration ~15 mins.

The success ratio is what i want to test.. in my manual attempt it looked good.. but that was just on one counter and that too for 2 months which is not enough to draw conclusions. Thats y requiring help.

Also this is the most basic and a lot more modifications can be done to make it work more efficiently.

Any doubts plz ask.

Thanks.

Purushotham

This may be helpful for 5 min tf..
Its called the four confirmation setup
See hourly candle lets say at 10:00
See 30min candle at 10:00
See 15min candle at 10:00
See 5min candle at 10:00
if all the four candles are bullish, then we place a buy order at the close price at 1000 with sl at the low of 5min candle at 10 and profit target as 2 times risk. i.e 2*(c-l) of the 5 min candle at 10.

This is the basic setup and gives good success ratio.. if its 50 also then also this is a winning strategy.

There are many thing which can be looked into such as the definition of a bull candle(we here take it as c>o), the logic of trailing stops, the scaling logic etc.

But this is basic. I chked manually on sbin for about 2 months and results were good.

Can you prepare a afl for this. i presume it would not be that much of hard work seeing your activity on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

This system is looking like price action scalper here is the downloadable pdf link posted by Santhosh2010

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/89451-nifty-spot-analysis-santhosh2010-37.html

hi abhig10,
y is the exposure and max system drawdown % values not correct in the backtest. Are you not setting it up correectly in the information window.
Plz set it as
round lot....1
mrgin deposit 35000
point value 25

Thx