Short Selling!

No offense dude but you should seriously stop trading and learn the basics of TA. You dont go short just because a company has high debt levels.
Hi Aryan,

No problem. I was just trying to understand the market. My view is, I can not go short more than a day and I am limited to margin segment from my broker. I have to bank on the volatility, volume and the stock's ability to avoid circuit breakers to make profit from short selling on a intra-day basis and hence my original post stating the market was biased towards long positions only as far as small/individual investors are concerned.

I am trying to read books on TA. Hopefully I will be able to do good.

Shepherd

Today Hotel Leela has hit 52 week low of 27.55 and is now (at the time of writing) trading at around Rs 28.20 down 7.5% from yesterday. I seem to be jumped in early and lost the trade. I need to practice TA and get my view aligned to make profit. As one financial commentator aptly put it, markets are myopic. I understand now fighting markets is a losing battle and would bankrupt anybody

Thanks to one and all who contributed to this thread.

Today Hotel Leela has hit 52 week low of 27.55 and is now (at the time of writing) trading at around Rs 28.20 down 7.5% from yesterday. I seem to be jumped in early and lost the trade. I need to practice TA and get my view aligned to make profit. As one financial commentator aptly put it, markets are myopic. I understand now fighting markets is a losing battle and would bankrupt anybody

Thanks to one and all who contributed to this thread.
Hi

Liked your thread ...

But would disagree with your view about derivatives .. they are not risky for those who are not leveraged ... they are risky for gamblers and validly so...

So you can short hotel leela or anyother stock provided you arent leveraged in Futures ... yes the drawback is you have to have capital as determined by NSE ...

Option is not a good suggestion because of cost involved .. if you are convinced about your analysis then look at futures...:)