Setting up my Algo-trading business

NJ23

I have opted for VPS service from Amazon (AWS). The great thing is that it is free for a year and after one year create one more account and continue....
Have been running my setup for the past month, no problem till now....
No, you can't jerk them around like that. The account gets identified with the Credit Card Number. Unless you have multiple Credit Cards, it's not really possible to delay the payment.

Last edited:

shirajroz

Finally, i settled with Amazon EC2 server. It gives 1GB memory and 30GB storage space for free (for 1 year). This was great news for me. This translates to free service for first year and from second year around Rs.300 per month. Awesome...

I have opted for VPS service from Amazon (AWS). The great thing is that it is free for a year and after one year create one more account and continue....
Have been running my setup for the past month, no problem till now....
Dear Bro,
To Explore dis new Horizon (or AMAZON :) ) , went ahead and signed for AWS EC2 and now completly lost in the Amazon Jungle, Pls HELP / GUIDE with ur Practical Experience.
1. WHAT & HOW to Chose / Configure a Wndows Instance which gives 1GB RAM n 30GB Space ?
2. When done with the Instance currently Running, Shud Click STOP or TERMINATE (NOT Deleting / Harming saved Settings / Apps in the Chosen Instance) ?
3. How to QuicKly Navigate to the CONSOLE to STOP/TERMINATE the running Instance ? (Any Desktop Settings ? or thru browser ?)
4. Which Region shud b chosen from iNDIA perspective, for Optimum Performance ?
5. How do u reckon --> "Around Rs.300 per Month from Second Year" ?
6. How to Install / Setup desired Apps ?
7. when Copy & Paste is too SLOW what alternatives do u use to Load Files from PC/Lappy ?

:sos:....Pls Rescue
Thank U n Rgrds

.... Shiraj...

P.S: YES der r Amazon Help Files/Videos but dey r just dat ,AMAZON ,BIG HUGE AMAZON whereas i need only a few, aforeRequested, Beacons for get going , for Now.

i request you to kindly refer to the following tutorial on Youtube, it would clear lot of your confusion-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLWscsYRtOs

Now coming to the other questions-
As, i am not doing a HFT trading so i am really not interested in microlevel speed. But i must say that AWS speed is pretty good, for me it takes less than a sec to execute the orders. It is sufficient for my need and i can do trading based on 1min data.
Region actually doesnot matter, i first tried to choose Singapore as it is geographically closer. But i had trouble getting into it. So i went ahead with Oregon, but u can also go ahead with Tokyo. I know these places are geographically very far off. But try it out once, it works good for me and i am pretty sure you would also be happy.
As the OS is Windows based, so installing any program is pretty simple (as is done for any windows based machine), no extra configuration required.
For transferring file transfer you can use a FTP browser (like Filezilla), i donot use. But you can definitely give it a try and share your experience.
Lastly the cost, please use the following link for the cost. With my current instance, i ended by spending around $4.50 per month, which is around Rs.300
http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

mithoon

Check your details again.with myvaluetrade brokerage plans it is rs 10 per executed order
http://www.myvaluetrade.com/Pricing-Plans.aspx
And
Fixed brokerage of 1000 rs (all segments NSE Equity,F&O,Commodities and Currency) per month + service tax.
or
Fixed brokerage of 10,000Rs per annum.
The fixed brokerage plans would save much compared to composite edge.

But since you are opting for symphony you don't have any choice.
Compositedge for algo trading is planning on charging between Rs400 to 600 per crore of your turnover ,if your trading nifty or banknifty you will have to keep aside 10 to 15% of your capital just for brokerage,excluding nse charges and stamp duty.

Last edited: