SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

I read the following on the Hindu Business Line
https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...n-be-traded-till-midnight/article23775493.ece

"ANMI (Association of NSE Members of India) welcomes enabling provisions on extension of trading hours but wishes to place on record that it should be restricted to index derivatives alone and not cover individual stocks, as they may be vulnerable to abuse by unscrupulous elements,” said Rajesh Baheti, President, ANMI.

Sent from my SM-J210F using Tapatalk
This is good info and a good idea too. As the @Night number of volume may decrease, so only Index Trading will make sure the liquidity doesn't drop too much.
Currently, we don't know the possible and bid-ask spread @Night. Later with popularity Stock, Fut could be introduced. Initial stages small steps at a time is good.

I have opened a separate thread to discuss the facts. Pls, move the discussion to that thread.
It is difficult to track the same discussion on the different threads.
Also, try to post imp info like above on that thread so that we can track all the related news easily. This is a big decision.
I'll copy the above info to below thread. But duplicate posts are no good. So pls shift the discussion to below thread.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...f-o-trading-till-11-55-p-m-from-oct-1.106373/
Thanks didnt know about the dedicated thread that existed. Will share and post there too.

bpr

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...n-be-traded-till-midnight/article23775493.ece

"ANMI (Association of NSE Members of India) welcomes enabling provisions on extension of trading hours but wishes to place on record that it should be restricted to index derivatives alone and not cover individual stocks, as they may be vulnerable to abuse by unscrupulous elements,” said Rajesh Baheti, President, ANMI.

And you think ANMI has any bargaining power against sebi/NSE ??
they were completely against increase of any time earlier .... some of them came on tv saying their life will be ruined ...work life balance will be destroyed
NSE quoted them striking down the increase time proposal earlier

Now that NSE is not their side they have changed tone and begging for some bargain ..."please restrict to index derivative"
Nobody is gonna care

And you think ANMI has any bargaining power against sebi/NSE ??
they were completely against increase of any time earlier .... some of them came on tv saying their life will be ruined ...work life balance will be destroyed
NSE quoted them striking down the increase time proposal earlier

Now that NSE is not their side they have changed tone and begging for some bargain ..."please restrict to index derivative"
Nobody is gonna care
Honestly i don't know. For the first time in my life i came to know such an asso3 even exodus

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
SEBI & Govt is doing as Big Mistake!! It seems it is going to happen very fast!

I watch a news in ZEE Business, they clearly said, Govt want more volumes in OPTIONS.
They want more participation from retail investors in options!

Govt , want to ban retailer from the Future section as much as possible. Now the real picture is opening!

The reporter said, further lot size increase is also on the card to cut the retailers participation in futures.

SEBI don't know, the basic fact.
Thinner volume in future and bigger volume in option will unstable the market & create the frequent wild volatile move. It is also proven fact that without liquidity in future options are dead.

Due to fulfilling Govts greed, SEBI is going to destroy the market structure.
Extending trading time needs liquidity in the future contract. Lesser lot size is required.

SEBI is trying to please everybody NSE-BSE & Govt, but not considering the retail investors and traders.
Making money in option is the hardest part of trading. Why Govt & SEBI is forcing retail traders to do that?

vikas2131

SEBI & Govt is doing as Big Mistake!! It seems it is going to happen very fast!

I watch a news in ZEE Business, they clearly said, Govt want more volumes in OPTIONS.
They want more participation from retail investors in options!

Govt , want to ban retailer from the Future section as much as possible. Now the real picture is opening!

The reporter said, further lot size increase is also on the card to cut the retailers participation in futures.

SEBI don't know, the basic fact.
Thinner volume in future and bigger volume in option will unstable the market & create the frequent wild volatile move. It is also proven fact that without liquidity in future options are dead.

Due to fulfilling Govts greed, SEBI is going to destroy the market structure.
Extending trading time needs liquidity in the future contract. Lesser lot size is required.

SEBI is trying to please everybody NSE-BSE & Govt, but not considering the retail investors.
Making money in option is the hardest part of trading. Why Govt & SEBI is forcing retail traders to do that?
Can you share the clip .i mean if they use ITR, a large of traders will be banned . how will they get more participation in options ?

headstrong007

Can you share the clip .i mean if they use ITR, a large of traders will be banned. how will they get more participation in options ?
No, I don't have that clip but I watch it in Zee Business during the discussion of 'extending trading timing'. They clearly said it's Govt goal to increase the OPTION Volume. They want more retailer come to option trading. They also want Future section specifically for FII and big players! WHAT A NONSENSE!

Anchor even said then create a specific segment for FII ;), u can't restrict retail traders in that way!

Even with compulsory ITR, it is very hard to ban options traders(buyers).
Most retail options traders are trading with under 1 lakh capital. How can SEBI restrict an option buyer trading with 2 lakh capital? There are no margin requirement for option buyers.

I will try to find the clip from youtube, then cut it and upload it here (if possible).

vikas2131

No, I don't have that clip but I watch it in Zee Business during the discussion of 'extending trading timing'. They clearly said it's Govt goal to increase the OPTION Volume.

Even with compulsory ITR, it is very hard to ban options traders(buyers).
Most retail options traders are trading with under 1 lakh capital. How can SEBI restrict an option buyer trading with 2 lakh capital? There are no margin requirement for option buyers.

I will try to find the clip from youtube, then cut it and upload it here (if possible).
Dnt cut it. if you find it just post it.

headstrong007

Ok, I found a long clip including that comment about SEBI's hidden intention.
See from around 18min 30 sec.

Fortunately the other comment about Govt's intention(govt want to increase option volume) also inside the same clip near the end. :) There was more such discussion on that day about SEBI & Govt intention to shift retailers from Future to options. We may find other clips too in youtube.

Last edited: