SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

TraderGYO

Folks,

I don't know why my post was deleted here. Its alright, I am re-posting again. I have written an article which was published by Financial Express about the potential impact of SEBI's move to regulate retail traders' participation in derivatives. If you like what I have written, feel free to share it within your circles. We hope that traders will be empowered rather than discouraged.

https://www.financialexpress.com/mo...vatives-will-impact-retail-investors/1143544/
I wish there was something about us, students. ITR is beyond an option for us. Otherwise a well-written article.
I am trying write to sebi a comparison of what the American, European, British, Chinese, Japanese and on the other hand Indian market regulators are doing for their Nation's aspiring young people who wants to pursue trading as a career. Probably they will not read a single line.

Last edited:

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
A Fifth Of Stocks In NSE Derivatives Segment To Move To Physical Settlement From July.

NSE announces 46 stocks for physical settlement. :stop:
OTM Option writers will face the heat, some are making easy money on expiry, they let them expire worthless! Now they will face physical settlement! If writers exit, buyers would not get the good price(wider bid-ask) for short-term trading. Roll over in future possible but not always possible in stock specific options, especially in such low liquid stocks.
Many times buyers trapped and they will find it difficult to sell due to low liquidity, now physical settlement will add up their sorrows.

SEBI is actually banning option trading in individual low liquid stocks indirectly. :mad:

Here are the list of stocks that will be settled via physical settlement from July contract onwards in line with the SEBI guidelines,
  1. Adani Power Ltd.
  2. Ajanta Pharma Ltd.
  3. Allahabad Bank
  4. Andhra Bank
  5. Balrampur Chini Mills Ltd.
  6. Beml Ltd.
  7. Berger Paints (I) Ltd,
  8. Can Fin Homes Ltd.
  9. CG power And Industrial Solutions Ltd.
  10. Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
  11. DCB Bank Ltd.
  12. Godfrey Phillips India Ltd.
  13. Godrej Industries Ltd.
  14. Granules India Ltd.
  15. Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.
  16. Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
  17. Hindustan Construction Company Ltd.
  18. IDBI Bank Ltd.
  19. IFCI Ltd.
  20. Jaiprakash Associates Ltd.
  21. Just Dial Ltd.
  22. Kaveri Seed Company Ltd.
  23. Kpit Technologies Ltd.
  24. Mahanagar Gas Ltd.
  25. Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals Ltd.
  26. NHPC Ltd.
  27. NIIT Technologies Ltd.
  28. Oil India Ltd.
  29. Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd.
  30. Oriental Bank Of Commerce
  31. PTC India Ltd.
  32. PVR Ltd.
  33. Reliance Communications Ltd.
  34. Reliance Naval And Engineering Ltd.
  35. Reliance Power Ltd.
  36. Repco Home Finance Ltd.
  37. Siemens Ltd.
  38. SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd.
  39. SRF Ltd.
  40. Syndicate Bank
  41. The Ramco Cements Ltd.
  42. Torrent Power Ltd.
  43. TV18 Broadcast Ltd.
  44. United Breweries Ltd.
  45. V-guard Industries Ltd.
  46. Wockhardt Ltd.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/2018/04/23/a-fifth-of-stocks-in-nse-derivatives-segment-to-move-to-physical-settlement-from-july

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Sigh.. Yes, that post was deleted. It was a duplicate. It was also posted in the Fyers thread.

Please post in one place only, so that the discussion takes places in one thread only.

If unsure, please post in "General Trading Chat" thread.
The post was not a duplicate. The link was a duplicate. The write-up of both posts are different. You can check it on the back-end. The reason for posting the link twice is because we run our own thread FYERS separately and we want our clients & viewers to get the latest updates about us. I posted in this thread because it is most relevant here. Not with the intention of spamming of course @timepass.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

The post was not a duplicate. The link was a duplicate. This is because we have a thread for FYERS seperately and we want our viewers to get the latest updates about us. I posted in this thread because it is most relevant here. Not with the intention of spamming of course.
Wait for another 15 secs , this post wl also be deleted, bcuz, shhhhhhhhhhhh , Hitler is watching.....

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I wish there was something about us, students. ITR is beyond an option for us. Otherwise a well-written article.
I am trying write to sebi a comparison of what the American, European, British, Chinese, Japanese and on the other hand Indian market regulators are doing for their Nation's aspiring young people who wants to pursue trading as a career. Probably they will not read a single line.
If you feel like expressing yourself, you should. Regardless of whether they read it or not. Of course, SEBI is probably the busiest regulator in India and they may not have the time to read everyone's feedback. But maybe they will. Just maybe. No harm in expressing your views and giving them feedback. But please be aware of the fact that SEBI has much more knowledge about regulations in other countries than we do, so ensure you emphasize more about your concerns rather than comparing them against peers. In a way, we are blessed to have a regulator such as SEBI. It is very important to remember that.

Wait for another 15 secs , this post wl also be deleted, bcuz, shhhhhhhhhhhh , Hitler is watching.....
No one is a Hitler here and no one watches each post but moderators know their jobs so relax.....and dont post such negative posts.

Smart_trade

TraderGYO

If you feel like expressing yourself, you should. Regardless of whether they read it or not. Of course, SEBI is probably the busiest regulator in India and they may not have the time to read everyone's feedback. But maybe they will. Just maybe. No harm in expressing your views and giving them feedback. But please be aware of the fact that SEBI has much more knowledge about regulations in other countries than we do, so ensure you emphasize more about your concerns rather than comparing them against peers. In a way, we are blessed to have a regulator such as SEBI. It is very important to remember that.
I hope to present a case for the student-trader community and I will maintain etiquette. Thank you.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Any pointer (or existing thread) - how to trade in foreign markets in a legit way from India.