Satyam @20-30 - Now a good buy ? Yes!!

AceX

Although I am not a guy whom you will trust with fundamental opinions[ Disclosure: I dont know anything in fundamentals] , yet , I will stay away from it, even if it makes the best of the chart patterns, and the best of volumes, if this same board stays.

No way. For me, its a falling knife and I was extremely sceptical about SAY right from May 2008, because of the UPAID case, and upon going through the entire bailiff document, I felt SAY management to be extremely unscrupulous. Hence, with this bad management, I am cautious about the viability of the customers faith too.[As if WB fiasco and Upaid was not enough]

Any intervention by govt too is suspect in my books. Very suspect. My personal opinion is to let the market sort it out, and I am hating every moment of asinine meddling of this government. It will create even more problems for employees if govt. plays a second fiddle here.

For me its a stay away scrip. My logical expectation is, acquire it. If so, then I would be buying the acquiring company's shares. The acquiring company doesnt look like its gonna be HCL[ it doesnt interest me much] after the Axon deal. INFY has lots of cash, no debt and plenty of chances. TCS remote but not impossible[dont think Tata is too good in cash this year]. Accenture, nop, already grappling. IBM, yup possible.

So take your bets accordingly

AceX

Disclosure: This is not an advice. Please refer to professional money managers[:D] before taking any investment decisions. And blah and blah and blah.

Disclosure: I am not holding any shares of SAY.

Flock

Well the Govt. didnot have much choice. The top guy said that he has cheated. The others say they have no idea what is going on. If we see fundamentals this stock is not worth buying at Rs. 1 also. I doubt if any other IT firm will want to even think about it.

If one has 2000 bucks to throw into the ditch, they can buy 100 shares and take a gamble. Either you lose all the money or if something good happens you can earn maybe even 5 times.

Its like buying a call option with unlimited expiry and dont have to worry about time value either. :D

Last edited:
L

learn2trade08

i'd rather donate the 2000 rs to an underprevilidged kid,or donate it to a charitable institution.
In India when govt intervenes sadly the only ones to benefit from it are politicians and media...
p.s:i heard satyam to be taken off nifty(not nse but nifty) too and not just f&o.

Well the Govt. didnot have much choice. The top guy said that he has cheated. The others say they have no idea what is going on. If we see fundamentals this stock is not worth buying at Rs. 1 also. I doubt if any other IT firm will want to even think about it.

If one has 2000 bucks to throw into the ditch, they can buy 100 shares and take a gamble. Either you lose all the money or if something good happens you can earn maybe even 5 times.

Its like buying a call option with unlimited expiry and dont have to worry about time value either. :D

Flock

Chances of that depends on the real status of the company. I dont think many people believe Mr. Raju whether it is that 3% margin, or that crores of Rs. suddenly vanished like magic, or that he had pumped in unofficial money into the company.

But things look bad specially on the legal front. Maybe most other things can be beaten with help from Govt., but how can they wriggle out from legal problems everywhere.