Request to Join Earth Hour Today

praveen taneja

Its all well and good, but I wonder why many of us fall for such things.

We now have a mother's day, a father's day, a valentine's day... blah blah blah

If you really care about your parents, your city, your country and your earth, make some habitual changes for EACH DAY of YOUR LIFE.

Be thankful to people who matter most. Be kind to your streets, cities, country. Don't litter, use alternative energy, blah blah blah...

We all know what is best for us all. Lets do it every day
Yes bro you are right that we all know what is best for us but these days are celebrated like a reminder and for teaching our kids who dont know what is good and what is bad.:)
Dont want to boast of me but yday I switched off all lights n power of my home n sit with my kids (who are 11 & 5 Years of age both boys)
Told them why this is celebrated and how to think of environment by not wasting paper and try to do rough work on slate instead of rough work on copy and all that
I think with this at least a small awareness is coming in mind of human being all over the world Till now you must had read in paper that all over world how most nations switch off power of all monuments and buildings:):clapping:
Hope for the best God bless us all

Yes bro you are right that we all know what is best for us but these days are celebrated like a reminder and for teaching our kids who dont know what is good and what is bad.:)
My point was (and still remains) that we should not need a reminder. We can achieve more (for our loved ones, our country and our earth) if we inculcate these habits for every day of our lives and not just look forward to a single day in a year to switch off one hour of electricity.

Please don't get me wrong, you are setting a very good example for your kids, but if you make them follow simple rules on a daily basis they will grow up to be ideal citizens. Don't forget, switching off appliances, taps, recycling etc. will also benefit your pocket. Its a little something we all need in these tough economic times.

I am not a big fan of Shell but take a look at these energy saving tips
http://tinyurl.com/d5fllm

:)

Capricorn

Hi brothers
Today 28th March is save Earth day as environmentalist all over world are making it by switching off power at 8.30pm to 9.30pm.
Approx one billion people and 85 countries taking part in it:thumb:
In that one hour people are adviced to talk about saving earth and think about nature:)
It was started in Sidney 2years ago and growing with people all over world
Power companies all over world making arrangement to save there distribution network from Tripping as power will trip as many wont use and after an hour start again:)
As a human being I am requesting you to please try to join this movement and make it a success
Saving power will save earth by a few trillion litre of carbon die oxide
comment of all you are also welcome
God bless us all:)
It may come as news to people staying in urban cities that most of rural and semi urban areas have to go without power for over 6 hrs daily. So people who do have the luxury of uninterrupted power supply should not take it for granted.

praveen taneja

nice capricorn want to know is it ur name or Rashi??? like mine hehehehe

praveen taneja

It's only when we truly know
and understand that we have
a limited time on earth - and
that we have no way of knowing
when our time is up,
we will then begin to live
each day to the fullest,
as if it was the only one we had....

columbus

It's only when we truly know
and understand that we have
a limited time on earth - and
that we have no way of knowing
when our time is up,
we will then begin to live
each day to the fullest,
as if it was the only one we had....
Even living for 100 years is GREAT for us,but Earth has to live ,lakhs of
such 100 years, after all Earth is 4.5 Billion years old.

praveen taneja

Secrets Of Love

The First Secret - The Power Of Thought
Love begins with our thoughts. We become what we think about.
Loving thoughts create loving experiences and loving relationships. Affirmations can change our beliefs and thoughts about others and ourselves. If we want to love someone, we need to consider their needs and desires. Thinking about your ideal partner will help you recognize her when you meet her.

The Second Secret - The Power Of Respect
You cannot love anyone or anything unless you first respect them. The first person you need to respect is yourself. To begin to gain self-respect asks yourself, "What do I respect about myself?" To gain respect for others, even those you may dislike, ask yourself "What do I respect about them?"

The Third Secret - The Power Of Giving
If you want to receive love, all you have to do is give it! The more love you give, the more you will receive. To love is to give of yourself freely and unconditionally. Practice random acts of kindness. Before committing to a relationship ask not what the other person will be able to give to you, but rather what will you be able to give them. The secret formula of a happy, lifelong, loving relationship is to always focus on what you can give instead of what you can take.

The Fourth Secret - The Power Of Friendship
To find a true love, you must first find a true friend. Love does not consist of gazing into each other's eyes, but rather looking outward together in the same direction. To love someone completely you must love them for who they are, not what they look like. Friendship is the soil through which love's seeds grow. If you want to bring love into a relationship, you must first bring friendship.

The Fifth Secret - The Power Of Touch
Touch is one of the most powerful expressions of love, breaking down barriers and bonding relationships. Touch changes our physical and emotional states and makes us more receptive to love.

The Sixth Secret - The Power Of Letting Go
If you love something, let it free. If it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was. Even in a loving relationship, people need their own space. If we want to learn to love, we must first learn to forgive and let go of past hurts and grievances. Love means letting go of our fears, prejudices, egos and conditions. "Today I let go of all my fears, the past has no power over me - today is the beginning of a new life."

The Seventh Secret - The Power Of Communication
When we learn to communicate openly and honestly, life changes. To love someone is to communicate with them. Let the people you love know that you love them and appreciate them. Never be afraid to say those three magic words: "I Love you." Never let an opportunity pass to praise someone. Always leave someone you love with a loving word - it could be the last time you see them. If you were about to die but could make telephone calls to the people you loved, who would you call, what would you say and.. why are you waiting?

The Eighth Secret - The Power Of Commitment
If you want to have love in abundance, you must be committed to it, and that commitment will be reflected in your thoughts and actions. Commitment is the true test of love. If you want to have loving relationships, you must be committed to loving relationships. When you are committed to someone or something, quitting is never an option. Commitment distinguishes a fragile relationship from a strong one.

The Ninth Secret - The Power Of Passion
Passion ignites love and keeps it alive. Lasting passion does not come through physical attraction alone; it comes from deep commitment, enthusiasm, interest and excitement. Passion can be recreated by recreating past experiences when you felt passionate. Spontaneity and surprises produce passion. The essence of love and happiness are the same; all we need to do is to live each day with passion.

The Tenth Secret - The Power Of Trust
Trust is essential in all loving relationships. Without it one person becomes suspicious, anxious and fearful and the other person feels wrapped and emotionally suffocated. You cannot love someone completely unless you trust them completely. Act as if your relationship with the person you love will never end. One of the ways you can tell whether a person is right for you is to ask yourself, "Do I trust them completely and unreservedly? " If the answer is "no", think carefully before making a commitment.