Reliance Mutual Fund update!

Dear ullasr, I must totally respect your and other users views. mine are just little different. Anyways this thread must not go on like this. Lets discuss investments and not our personal feuds here!!!
Point noted guys!

lets begin again...In the MF market While crop funds are increasingly becoming popular among investors, some of the conservative market experts fear a deep credit squeeze or a string of payment defaults could result in loss of investments.i wonder how true that fear is?

Currently fund houses like Templeton, DWS, Reliance Mutual, Religare Mutual and Kotak Mutual Fund have crop funds with varying investment styles and structures.

praveen taneja

Experts are fearing after watching EU mkts and US but if you have noticed indian MF are extra cautious and are net seller in april so far and are on max level of cash limit more over Indian regulation are so strict its not easy for default under so much restrictions

nikrod

Point noted guys!

lets begin again...In the MF market While crop funds are increasingly becoming popular among investors, some of the conservative market experts fear a deep credit squeeze or a string of payment defaults could result in loss of investments.i wonder how true that fear is?

Currently fund houses like Templeton, DWS, Reliance Mutual, Religare Mutual and Kotak Mutual Fund have crop funds with varying investment styles and structures.
If you are a long term equity investor, this should not make you worried.

Yes volatility can hit short term investors and traders. European Debt crisis and increasing of interest rates in India will have adverse effect on our capital markets. Hope the long term prospective will be cheerful. :cheers:

If you are a long term equity investor, this should not make you worried.

Yes volatility can hit short term investors and traders. European Debt crisis and increasing of interest rates in India will have adverse effect on our capital markets. Hope the long term prospective will be cheerful. :cheers:
i am particularly worried about the Greek Crisis...!it can have adverse impact!

In "reliance equity", Equity is the Investment Objective

where the Equity Option is to seek capital appreciation and/or to generate consistent returns by actively investing in Equity & Equity-related Securities.

within that there are 2 Plans Available:

* Growth Plan
* Dividend Plan : Dividend Pay-out Option & Dividend Reinvestment Option

Hope its clear to you ... :)

nikrod

whats the difference between reliance equity and growth mutual funds?
Reliance Growth invests 60-80% of it's portfolio in mid cap stocks and rest in large cap stocks. So it's a mid cap fund.

Reliance Equity on the other hand invests 60-80% of portfolio in large cap stocks & rest in mid caps. So it's a large cap fund.

Reliance Growth is riskier than Reliance Equity, but also has greater potential to generate better returns. Reliance Equity will be safer among two but it's performance will also be in line with other large cap funds.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Reliance Growth invests 60-80% of it's portfolio in mid cap stocks and rest in large cap stocks. So it's a mid cap fund.

Reliance Equity on the other hand invests 60-80% of portfolio in large cap stocks & rest in mid caps. So it's a large cap fund.

Reliance Growth is riskier than Reliance Equity, but also has greater potential to generate better returns. Reliance Equity will be safer among two but it's performance will also be in line with other large cap funds.

Hope this clears your doubts.
Thanks so much for the great information and it surely cleared all my doubts!