Reliance MF- Online SIP possible?

Dear friends,

This is my first post on Traderji. this seems to be fantastic forum!!

I would like invest through SIP in one of the Reliance MFs. I have already invested in Reliance MF before and hence have a portfolio number that would help to invest online. But when I logged-into their website, I could only invest lumpsum amount and could not see any option for SIP. Am I missing something or it is not possible to invest in SIP online? Please advise.

Although I am planning to invest Rs 10000/month. Do I need to submit KYC documents?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Dear friends,

This is my first post on Traderji. this seems to be fantastic forum!!

I would like invest through SIP in one of the Reliance MFs. I have already invested in Reliance MF before and hence have a portfolio number that would help to invest online. But when I logged-into their website, I could only invest lumpsum amount and could not see any option for SIP. Am I missing something or it is not possible to invest in SIP online? Please advise.

Although I am planning to invest Rs 10000/month. Do I need to submit KYC documents?

Thanks a lot for all the help!
Since you already had a Folio number you may just submit a form in you nearest Reliance MF service center to register your E-Mail ID and to obtain a PIN number to start online transaction. Then log on to their investor website using the E-Mail ID and Pin number and start investing.

There are options to start SIP, STP, SWP or lumpsum investments.

KYC is needed only if you are investing more than 50,000 as lumpsum. So in your case KYC is not compulsory.

Thanks rajivnc! I am currently able to logon to Reliance investor website but the when I choose MF, I donot get an option for SIP. Looks like I can only invest lumpsum. So I was wondering if Reliance doesnot allow SIP through online transaction (not presently in India, otherwise would have called them!)

yodlee99

Email their customer service, they will send you a pdf copy of the form that needs to be filled out. In the form, you can probably put your home address in India, in order to keep matters simple and mail it to them. Once you receive a email or letter to your home address, login with the pin and start your SIP.
Let us know after its all done, about your experience.
Good luck.

milind

Yes, online SIP is possible with Reliance MF and HDFC MF at the AMC sites - without requiring any middlemen. There may be other AMCs too. Of course, you will need PIN and all that.

I would suggest you to take care of KYC requirements too.

-- Milind

Email their customer service, they will send you a pdf copy of the form that needs to be filled out. In the form, you can probably put your home address in India, in order to keep matters simple and mail it to them. Once you receive a email or letter to your home address, login with the pin and start your SIP.
Let us know after its all done, about your experience.
Good luck.
Hello yodlee
I hope all is well....

I just like to know investing directly (sip) through amc is more beneficial that investing through a bank. Even though my bank is not charging me for sip.just like to know about...

Thnk bn

yodlee99

Hey Blueninja, if the bank is not charging you for SIP, go with the bank route. That way you donot have to remember to manually update your mutual fund portfolio online!
Good luck

Hey Blueninja, if the bank is not charging you for SIP, go with the bank route. That way you donot have to remember to manually update your mutual fund portfolio online!
Good luck
Hi yodlee

What is creating pain in my stomach is that my bank is not charging me...
Reason behind is all natinalised banks are making money on sip or opening a investment account.
My bank (citi bnk)being a foreign bank is not charging me at all.

I just again gone through the charge sheet frm the bnk it showed commision paid by AMC to citi bnk .75 i hope amc will charge us for it. So pls adv if it is a good to open ad invt directly with AMC in order to save .75% . I just like to know if it is worth it

Thnk bn