Reliance&icici restrict stocks to buy

Reliance places restrictions on stocks to be bought. May be for safety. but will they compensate for the loses incurred in stocks which they allow to buy.

i just tried to give it a test and some stocks which have no base are allowed to be bought at the same time..

What is the criteria for a stocks not allowed to be bought

icici also has similar problems. it is our money but why cant we be allowed to use it in our way

Last edited:
Reliance places restrictions on stocks to be bought. May be for safety. but will they compensate for the loses incurred in stocks which they allow to buy.

i just tried to give it a test and some stocks which have no base are allowed to be bought at the same time..

What is the criteria for a stocks not allowed to be bought

icici also has similar problems. it is our money but why cant we be allowed to use it in our way

I second that. It is our money and we should be allowed the freedom to buy any stock of our choice. Even i have also faced this problem with ICICIDIRECT.

dhyey

This was the point I had made while replying to other thread about broker under Reliance.
You have to trade in the shares which they allow you to buy/sale!!!

In fact what I have noticed is that some scrips are permitted to be traded on NSE but are not under permitted list of securities on BSE and vice versa.
Brokers would cite risk management as the cause for not allowing to trade in certain securities.
Indiainfoline charges you extra for scrips under trade to trade and under Z categories!!!

:eek: