Realtime Screen for stocks

Dear Omkarmango,
Perhaps another silly question!
How to increase the number stocks in the sheet?
If possible please explain.
Thank you again.

sai20_2000
basudeo
musicjunkie
nishant007
howisit
koolfriend4u

Thank you for replies.
I am happy to hear that you are finding it useful. :)

nishant007
howisit

For good visibility I created this file as it is now & for changing cell size & macro I'll need password which I don't have.

But there is a solution.

If you don't mind to open two screens at a time, so that you can watch
18 +18 = 36 scrips, Please post here.

You will just have to copy same file at the same place in your hard drive & rename it to different, it can be Screen1. If you are interested, I'll post patch file which will refresh both the screens simultaneously.

If it is ok let me know, I'll create the patch.

Omkar

Last edited:
Dear Omkarmango,
let me try that suggestion.
I already created that screen1.
Please publish that patch for both the screens.
Will it be possible to paste both the sreens and the patch on one excel sheet?
thank you for your effort.

Dear Omkar,

Your patch is working and screen is refreshing at 5 sec. interval. But with this another problem came into existence. In your original version of screen it was possible to change the name of the securities but it is not possible now. Whenever I made a try it was asking for the password.

So please modify your patch and allow to change the name of the securities in row 20.

Basudeo

Your excel sheet is rocking buddy!!!
especially i love the background fill colours, which makes it very easy to view.

a few things which would make it much better

1) is it possible to view more than 20 scripts in a single worksheet.
2) can we have multiple worksheets , so that can track holdings, intraday, watchlists seperately.
3) rows & columns cannot be resized, today when market went up 16K+, the figure was not fitting in the column width & the price was not visible ( i have added "^BSESN" as script)

This would be a great advantage.

:) LUCKYBOY

Last edited:
Dear howisit,

I was waiting for your reply with eyes wide open ....
Just kidin :D

Was working on code to fetch Realtime data in metastock
saw your post at 3.00 am, modified the patch & posted it.
Thanks for the reply :)

Dear basudeo,

I never modified the screen :confused:
You can see the date of the post on page 2. it is never edited.

If you have forget, it's Cell C21 where you change symbols

Please check

Hello LUCKYBOY,

Thank you for the reply :)

1) I forgot pass so no addition possible.
2) Updating two screens is possible I created that for howisit. I'll add it on page 1 today.
3) No pass..no resize of columns (I never thought about sensex as I watch Nifty...sorry) pm me your email if possible I'll do something.

Omkar

Last edited:
Hi Omkar,
I would like to congratulate you on your superb effort and as i am a day trader too, liked your tool :)....one most striking feature i was looking that i do not found anywhere so far is last day LOW, HIGH....:) which ofcourse you have.....

Omkar, i would appriciate if you can make this an open source project as i have my very own way of doing analysis in excel and i need to develop my own excel solution like yours...

FYI, you can integrate your screen sheet directly for live quotes from NSE server which is freely let one access live quotes...QuoteTracker is already doing so...

:)
Chukked