Realtime & EOD Charting - New Software Wishlist

Stox,

It is a good idea to develop a new TA software. Please see the existing packages (as a team effort) and evaluate them objectively. I am sure, with your knowledge and experience (around 10 years you mentioned) you will find a lot of areas where there is a scope for improvement. All the best in your endeavour

Stox, Thanks for you reply.
If I were you, then I would develop the plug-in for all those packages, feed providers, platforms and sell to existing users ? Or get into the tie-up with those companies.
RMO indicator is just an example, where Rahul has created a simple system and encashed it with Metastock. Today, RMO system has become the part of meta-stocks core training material.

I would rather leverage on existing market then to reinvent it. Development of a software product and selling it against the established players is not easy. New Product development has low success rate. Once upon a time I was involved in software product development hence know little bit about it.

Just my view, Stox. In now way trying to discourage you from product development.

Wishing u all the best.
Hello AW10

I have noticed that a very rare few purchase licensed copy of the established TA Applications. What Rahul Mohinder did is an excellent job and am sure the indian trading community is proud of him. However, if once gets the pirated copy of the said TA Software, he gets RMO free. With our trading system we will be keeping a check on piracy and try to make it much more affordable than the existing players ( consider the atuthentic data vendor's charges for the authentic software ). At this point, I will not be able to disclose further information.

In an effort to try and make the application user-friendly and add everything that a common trader/investor needs, we request you to tell us the features you would want in such an application.

Thanks & regards

Stox.

Stox,

Best wishes towards your effort. While the less easy path, I would encourage you to develop a TA package if you have the resources and the staying power. It is always better to 'own' the API than to play second-fiddle to somebody else (of course, it will be built on other APIs). To this API, you can plug-in data sources of choice, add a customized UI on demand, provide a trading interface, add your trading system.... just thinking of a biz angle of tying up with FT for Odin (i.e. ride on a broker). But this is digressing.

As AW10 and Raunak have already mentioned, the feature list of Ami/MS would satisfy most user and be hard to top. Here are some I would like:

- Time axis of charts: a smooth transition for time frame. Assume a slider movement that could give 1M, 2M, ... 1H, 2H ... 1D, 2D, ... charts. This would reflect in the charts / indicators. Existing TA packages treat these very discretely with keyboard shortcuts/menus/icons, etc. In some way, this blurs the distinction between intraday/eod.

- Time axis of charts: a convenient way to look ahead. A simple example, wanting to view where trend lines intersect in the future.

- Price axis of charts: A fixed percent option. Say, for a fixed percent of 30%, a stock @1000 would show charts in the range 900 to 1200, a stock @400 would show the range 340 to 460. This makes is visually easy to distinguish stocks that have similar price shapes but relative differences in range. Current TA packages tend to fill the vertical space with the stock's actual price range.

- Charts: Everything, bars / indicators / titles / studies in layers (as in Photoshop). Whether one wants to see BBs behind or in front of bars is upto the user. View/Hide is controlled in the layers.

AW10

Hello AW10
With our trading system we will be keeping a check on piracy and try to make it much more affordable than the existing players ( consider the atuthentic data vendor's charges for the authentic software ).

Stox.
Stox, biggies like Microsoft are fighting their battle to contain piracy. In my view, that is a one of the biggest risk a software product faces in reality.
If product becomes a success, then piracy will limit the growth.. And if you start controlling it too much then u risk the growth or put lot more effort to grow.

All the best.

whylately, has given some great ideas from User's perspective. If you can look incorporate "Forward looking features" in ur package, then it will differentiate from the crowd. - like potential cross of TLines, Potential time and price targets of Elliot waves, projecting indicators using statistical analysis..i.e. what is 70% chace of MA crossing tomorow or in next 1 week.
More u can make the product addressing right side of the chart, better it will cause traders have to see the right side of the chart and risk money.
It is analyst who look at the left side... but analysts don't make millions.
We all would be billionair if can trade the left side of the chart.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Stox,
As far as I know, nobody is providing extropolation.. ie forward looking (as mentioned by others here).Of course, based on user defined criterias. This would certainly would make clear differentiator.
Tnx for ur efforts and all the best.
Dear All

we are in the process of developing our technical analysis software for realtime and EOD Data.

I request you all to tell what al features you would want in a Technical Analysis software. We will finally give away the beta version to select few users.

regards

Stox

Hi,

Please design the software in such a way.

Buy Sell-SIgnal for nifty.

EOD Data for bse and nse with all indicators. Let me xplaing. If some indicator shows bearish that implies that the stock should be bought and if some indicator shows bullish it implies that the stock should be sold. So, I request you to give a final call for the stock whether to buy or sell with the EOD, so that we can follow as it is.

Also in real-time please provide the option to add 50 scrips in a page of our choice. All the technicals should be run @ d back ground. Any block deal happening or anything else the software should provide buy/sell signal in the real time.

Are these options possible with the software that you design ?

thanks
ashok.s
[email protected]