Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Backfill to AmiBroker ..................

Backfill is semi-automatic. It is done through NowBackfil.xlsm. Here is a snapshot ->

1.Click on "Masters" Sheet and change the database path with Your \AmiBroker \ database \path.
2.Paste past Data from NOW/Nest in Cell A1 onwards. Otherwise application will tell you to "copy data first."
3.Also check your system date format in Start-Control Panel-Regional and Language Options-Customise-Date-Short Date Format. It should be dd/mm/yyyy.
otherwise backfil may not happen. NOW/Nest give date of past data in DD/MM/YYYY format.

See the image below. Database path is in Cell "C1". Change it. Do not move or change the place.

contd.....

josh1

Backfill to AmiBroker .................. contd...

Backfill data for past days is available from Nest or Nest Trader.
1. Nest Plus is free add on with NOW. Start it along with NOW from NOW launcher. Method is same for NOW and NEST. See image below->

2. If you forget to start it, login into it later on through NOW Menu Option - Nest Plus*.

3. Select the scrip you want to backfill in Marketwatch and press (Shift +P) or
RightClick, Options will open -- Click on Plugin Commands -- Plus Chart.

4. Chart for the scrip will open. Right-Click anywhere inside the chart. Option window will pop-up. Select Interval -- 1 Min.

5. Click inside the chart and press "Ctrl+D" or right-click again and select Data Table

6. Data table with past quotes for approx 15 days will open. Click anywhere in the table and press Ctrl+A to select all the quotes. All rows will become blue.

7. You can also select limited period by selecting rows while keeping Shift Key pressed.

8. Press "Ctrl+C" to copy the rows.

josh1

Backfill to AmiBroker .................. contd...

9. Open separate instance of Excel by clicking on Start - Programs in Windows. Open Nowbackfil.xlsm from File -- open Menu in Excel. Do not open NowBackfil.xlsm by double clicking on it. Paste the copied rows in excel by pressing "Ctrl+V". See image below. Look at the Column B, Excel recognised date time and right aligned it. If it is left aligned, there may be problem.

10. Click on the Push button "Click me to backfil".

11. A pop-up window will warn you to save database if Realtime feed is running. Go to AmiBroker and save database by Clicking on File and then on Save Database. Thereafter, come back in NowBackfil and click on OK or press Enter.

12. Another Pop-up window will ask you whether you want to split Date and Time into separate columns. Click on "Yes" if they are combined and "No" if Excell has already put them in separate columns.

13. Backfil will be done and you will get message "Data imported".

14. Do not save changes to the file when closing.

The whole process will take about 10 seconds for each scrip. It can be used for FnO scrips for upto 10 scrips and more if you do not get fatigued by pressing Ctrl+P and Ctrl+D. For Cash scrips or for bulk backfill, you may use Data Downloader by Joydeep that gives 10 days data from Google.

Last edited:

josh1

Backfill from ODIN, Trade Tiger, Yahoo, Google .......

I do not possess ODIN or Trade Tiger. I request SR114 or Sikandar to publish backfill method from ODIN.

I request Trade Tiger users to find a method of getting past 1 min. data from there. I am sure there must be some way to get it. If data is available, backfill can be done.
I guess it is available from "Save Data to Excel" option available in Market watch or "Export to Excell" in Tools menu.

Yahoo and Google users can get backfil from Data Downloader as stated earlier.

Last edited:

josh1

Working in Excel on other applications while realtime feed is running....

You will have to open separate instance of Excel from Start--Programs--MSOffice--Excel. do not open any file by double clicking on it.

sr114

Backfill from ODIN, Trade Tiger, Yahoo, Google .......

I do not possess ODIN or Trade Tiger. I request SR114 or Sikandar to publish backfill method from ODIN.

I request Trade Tiger users to find a method of getting past 1 min. data from there. I am sure there must be some way to get it. If data is available, backfill can be done.
I guess it is available from "Save Data to Excel" option available in Market watch or "Export to Excell" in Tools menu.

Yahoo and Google users can get backfil from Data Downloader as stated earlier.
Josh1,

the backfill method from ODIN is clearly explained by RohitB. so guys want to backfill from ODIN please follow Rohitb thread abut backfilling from ODIN

regards
sr

lvgandhi

Realtime data feed to Qtstalker.........

QtStalker is an open source free charting software available in Linux. It can be installed in Ubuntu from "Ubuntu Software Centre" or "Synaptic".

NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger do not run under Linux to my knowledge. Open Office does not support RTD yet. How do we get their output to Qtstalker?

We can install Windows as a guest in Virtualbox or VMware under Linux or
we can install Ubuntu Linux as a guest in Virtualbox or VMware under Windows.
Qtstalker can be installed in Linux.

The above applications can be installed in Windows and run from there.

Virtualbox offers facility to share a folder on the Host OS with Guest OS.
VMWare also offers facility to Guest OS to access folder on the Host OS via SAMBA network.
Suppose this folder path is "H:\RT".

Open Visual Basic in Developer Tab and go to Module1. Find this line in the VBA code in subroutine MakeCSV().->
FileName = "R:\MyCSVG.txt" 'This file is used to write quotes

Change this to -> FileName = "H:\RT\MyCSVG.txt" 'This file is used to write quotes

QtStalker has an ascii plugin to import quotes from text file at fixed interval of 1 minute. This ascii plugin can be directed to the MyCSVG.txt file for importing quotes.
The procedure is given in Qtstalker documentation for the plugin.

As for Google and Yahoo data feed, the same procedure can be used until we are able to translate the application in Open Office Starbasic. These two feeds can be obtained in Qtstalker via Open Office or any other language like C++, Python, PERL in Linux without the need of Windows.
What should be the specs of PC/laptop like CPU,memory, etc for running linux in Virtual box of Windows XP smoothly?

josh1

Now I am going to explain the code ....

To access VBA code, Click on Office Button /Logo on top left corner of Excel. Then Click on Excel Options -- Popular -- Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon -- Ok to save option.

Visual Basic is available as first option in the Developer Tab. Click on that to open VBA window. Double-Click on Module1 and Module2 in the VBA project window on left hand side to see the code.

Module1 consists of declaration of variables and 7 subroutines viz.--
1. Declaration of Variables
2. Sub StartTimer()
3. Public Sub Stop_Timer()
4. Private Sub Timer()
5. Sub CallAmiBroker()
6. Sub IsNOWRunning()
7. Sub InitialiseAB()
8. Sub MakeCSV()

We export quotes in Excel Sheet to a text file created in C:\RT folder or on R: drive. Then we tell AmiBroker to import the quotes and refresh charts. This is done every three seconds.

Last edited:

josh1

What should be the specs of PC/laptop like CPU,memory, etc for running linux in Virtual box of Windows XP smoothly?
CPU supporting virtualisation (VT/x) is best, though Virtualbox runs efficiently on any CPU.

Linux requires 384 MB RAM, so therotically, 512 MB RAM should be sufficient for running Linux in Virtualbox. 1GB is recommended. If you have 2GB RAM in PC, You can easily run Linux in Virtualbox under Windows Host. Windows XP requires 256MB to run.

josh1

Sub StartTimer()
'This subroutine is called by pressing "Start RT Data"
'IsNOWRunning 'Check whether NOW is running. If not close down. This is now redundant.

Set MyBook = Workbooks("RT3.xlsm")
' Name of Workbook stored in MyBook

Secs = TimeValue("00:00:03")
'Secs is set to 3 seconds.

' Google = MyBook.Sheets("Now").Cells(4, 2).Value This line is commented

InitialiseAB 'calls subroutine to open AmiBroker

TimerActive = True
Timer ' Calls Timer Subroutine
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.