Query about arbitrage?

dekho yarro we rally dont know what & how arbitrage actully is ?
(i read all postings cuming via google search)
so on behalf of all we half knowledged people;
i requst to clarify THE ARBITRAGE 2 one who himself plays
profitably in arbitrage in india ??
pls help us with suitable eg.
thanx.

Here is a simple explanation:

Suppose you own 600 shares of Satyam. One trading day you notice that Satyam is trading at 505.00 on the BSE and 500.00 on the NSE. You sell your 600 shares on the BSE at 505.00 and simultaneously buy back the 600 shares on the NSE at 500.00.

You profit in this case is 600*5.00 = 3000.00 less brokerages if any.

Generally in the west, large institutions have automated trading programs that scan different markets across the globe to take advantage of arbritrage opportunities as small as a fraction of a point. Because of their volumes and almost no brokerage these institutions make profits out of these.
Can you please clarify my doubt

If i am holding a co's shares in my demat and if sell them for arbitrage and buy then in another market, can i trade again the next day or will i have to wait for shares to come in my demat account ?

trader ji plz help me

heloo to all frds and sir /traderji,

My broker says (religare) says that i cannot do Arbitrage like buying in BSE and selling in NSE as i am not a institutional invester .. and it requires 8-9 crore turnover .. also , please tell which broker allow this i have 1 lac capital and i understand the concept

very thanks in advance

Dear Traderji,

Pls guide regarding arbitrage, I have heard that there is a program software of trading for doing arbitrage. eg. when we press f1 it will show buy price of bse and sell price of nse and the difference of arbitrage amount, if we click the transaction is done on a single button.

Similarly if we click f2 that sell price of bse and buy price of nse and the difference of arbitrage amount, if we click the transaction is done on a single button.

If we have suppose any scripts delivery in large quantity we can purchase at bse and sell it at nse

Pls guide is there any system like this ?

Dear sir,

I want to details with example about arbitrage trading nse to bse. and what is minimum price diffrent in nse to bse. if I create a position nse to bse how can and when i square up or reverse position.

heloo to all frds and sir /traderji,

My broker says (religare) says that i cannot do Arbitrage like buying in BSE and selling in NSE as i am not a institutional invester .. and it requires 8-9 crore turnover .. also , please tell which broker allow this i have 1 lac capital and i understand the concept

very thanks in advance
25th February 2008 06:37 PM