Python primer for Trading

VJAY

I think UB will coming to that point in future posts as he just started .....

travi

Else you could change filename to 'D:/SBIN.csv' or 'D:\SBIN.csv'
Not sure which one works in Windows :)
Windows 10 is now turning into a hybrid of I don't know what :)
X64 arch files are still in the system32 folder while with x86 32b files ported to SysWOW64; this list can go on and on and on...

Both type of path separators work, atleast on Win10+Py3.7 :D

TradeOptions

Windows 10 is now turning into a hybrid of I don't know what :)
X64 arch files are still in the system32 folder while with x86 32b files ported to SysWOW64; this list can go on and on and on...

Both type of path separators work, atleast on Win10+Py3.7 :D
I was thinking about changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but posts like yours scare me a bit, and I keep on postponing. :((
Freinds, what do you say, wll I face a LOT of Problems initially because of this switch over ? I hope most of the trading platforms like multicharts, ninjatrader and amibroker etc. will work properly on Windows 10.

Best Regards

MSN1979

I was thinking about changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but posts like yours scare me a bit, and I keep on postponing. :((
Freinds, what do you say, wll I face a LOT of Problems initially because of this switch over ? I hope most of the trading platforms like multicharts, ninjatrader and amibroker etc. will work properly on Windows 10.

Best Regards
Everything will work fine.

travi

Best Regards
I had the same thought moving to Win10 but its been almost 2 years on it and never had a problem.
Just do a full system image backup and keep that copy safely incase you need to roll back.

TradeOptions

Everything will work fine.
I had the same thought moving to Win10 but its been almost 2 years on it and never had a problem.
Just do a full system image backup and keep that copy safely incase you need to roll back.
Thanks you for the positive heads-up brother. I will take the jump tonight.
And might bug you guys in some other thread, if my ass gets trapped. :p

travi

Thanks you for the positive heads-up brother. I will take the jump tonight.
And might bug you guys in some other thread, if my ass gets trapped. :p
As I said, goto win7 control panel > backup. From there create a full system image.
There are many other tools like macrium, aomei etc but always backup before taking the plunge.

TradeOptions

As I said, goto win7 control panel > backup. From there create a full system image.
There are many other tools like macrium, aomei etc but always backup before plunging.
Yes bhai, got that point well. I will definitely create the whole C Drive Image in Macrium, before doing this. Thanks again.
Best Regards

MSN1979

Yes bhai, got that point well. I will definitely create the whole C Drive Image in Macrium, before doing this. Thanks again.
Best Regards
Sir that is waste of time and energy. If you know where the documents are. Simply take backup of them. Or get a 16 year old teenager to get it done for u.