Portfolio Creation, Understanding & Trading with Advanced GET

amitrandive

Thanks Amit and Online for your views, much appreciated. What a day incidentally! Met a professional portfolio manager at a party who swing trades with Adget. This is what he had to say : It is possible to make a good amount of money using this tool! He works for about 2 hours after market close, and makes entry and exit decisions during the last 15minutes of trade!!! Though reluctant, he has agreed to show me how Adget works. It's not free - An hour will cost me 10K. This includes theory, system and Clearing doubts. And he has got my promise not to disclose his name to anybody. The reason for the charge is that as per him - it's his sweat and tears of 8+ years. And if he were to teach without cost - it would not be valued..... He asked me to name two most precious commodities. I said Platinum and Gold. he smiled and said, no, it's air and water. Without it, we would not be able to live for a few minutes or a few days. But we take it for granted! so tomorrow I will be looking at his system. I had mentioned the title of the thread as : Positional trading with Adget. Guess will have to ask the mods to modify it to Swing trades with Adget. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I will be lighter by 10K. But will get insight into using a tool by a professional. Will update what I learn. I do hope to get a free access to Adget surely by end of next week. Let's keep our opinions aside and look at the system with an open mind!
DSM

Looking forward to hear from you and your experiences of AdGet :thumb:

DSM

Had a very informative and hands on session on Adget. Besides got to pick into the mind of a professional fund manager. Too late to post today, will do so later, when free. I checked for Adget's view on Nify. It's reached it's logical target named MOB (Make or Break Level) The (Guru of Adget - GAG : Let me call him that) has exited 3/4th position. As per his views Nifty close 50 points above will call for fresh positions with an exposure of max 40% of portfolio : But with closer SL based on Fibo.

Thanks Amit and Online for your views, much appreciated. What a day incidentally! Met a professional portfolio manager at a party who swing trades with Adget. This is what he had to say : It is possible to make a good amount of money using this tool! He works for about 2 hours after market close, and makes entry and exit decisions during the last 15minutes of trade!!! Though reluctant, he has agreed to show me how Adget works. It's not free - An hour will cost me 10K. This includes theory, system and Clearing doubts. And he has got my promise not to disclose his name to anybody. The reason for the charge is that as per him - it's his sweat and tears of 8+ years. And if he were to teach without cost - it would not be valued..... He asked me to name two most precious commodities. I said Platinum and Gold. he smiled and said, no, it's air and water. Without it, we would not be able to live for a few minutes or a few days. But we take it for granted! so tomorrow I will be looking at his system. I had mentioned the title of the thread as : Positional trading with Adget. Guess will have to ask the mods to modify it to Swing trades with Adget. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I will be lighter by 10K. But will get insight into using a tool by a professional. Will update what I learn. I do hope to get a free access to Adget surely by end of next week. Let's keep our opinions aside and look at the system with an open mind!

[Q UOTE=DSM;943277]Had a very informative and hands on session on Adget. Besides got to pick into the mind of a professional fund manager. Too late to post today, will do so later, when free. I checked for Adget's view on Nify. It's reached it's logical target named MOB (Make or Break Level) The (Guru of Adget - GAG : Let me call him that) has exited 3/4th position. As per his views Nifty close 50 points above will call for fresh positions with an exposure of max 40% of portfolio : But with closer SL based on Fibo.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant DSM.... we must have the adget guru also in this thread for benefit of all. Do you think he can be convinced to be here...rgds

DSM

Surely not likely to get him here. He is a professional and likes to preserve his annonimity. Sharing the interaction and insight to his trading methodology : He uses the tool to scan for trades that provide good RR. This makes trading objective and also removes a subjective bias. It is not possible for a human to scan for 3,000 odd scripts but can be done by the software in a matter of few minutes. Removing the ones from the list which the scan has thrown up but have low volume, it still leaves a sizable no. of stocks that qualify. The Entry level, SL, and likely targets are then noted and trades which provide the max RR is then taken. (A question can be asked as to why low volume stocks are not taken off the system. The answer to that is that one cannot rule out volumes picking up over time and such scripts can turn out to be a multibagger which is on nobody's radar) Another thing that struck about him is not watching the screen till before close. This removes emotions of greed or fear. Exits or stop decisions are made decisively at the time of closing by looking at SL or target levels (these may be modified if the stock has run up to protect profit) Basically, the whole approach to trading becomes mechanical. Shall post later once I get access and try my hand at the system.

Brilliant DSM...we must have the adget guru also on in this thread for the benefit of all.. Do you think he can be convinced to be here...rgds

DSM

Hi Amit,

Nope gave up on Adget.

1. Does not suit my trading style.
2. Continious access of Adget is an issue.

DSM

Any update on this ?

amitrandive

Posting an AFL found on the net which plots similar to ADGet for anyone interested.

Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("SwingN R");
//Franck LAMOTTE - 01/2010

SetChartBkColor(ParamColor("Outer panel color ",colorLightGrey)); // color of outer border 
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g,
Close %g (%.1f%%) Vol " +WriteVal( V, 1.0 ) +"{{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 )) ));

n1 = Param("n1",3,2,4,1);
n2 = Param("n2",4,3,7,1);

//SWING FORMULA//
function HiLo_HL(no) {
res=HHV(H,no);
sup=LLV(L,no);
avd=IIf(C>Ref(res,-1),1,IIf(C<Ref(sup,-1),-1,0));
avn=ValueWhen(avd!=0,avd,1);
tsl=IIf(avn==1,sup,res);
return tsl;
}
Plot(HiLo_HL(n1),"HiLo_HL",colorYellow,styleStaircase);
Buy1=Cross(C,HiLo_HL(n1)) & H>Ref(H,-1) & L>Ref(L,-1);
Sell1=Cross(HiLo_HL(n1),C);
shape=Buy1*shapeUpArrow + Sell1*shapeDownArrow;
if(ParamToggle("Shape System 1 : ",  "No|Yes", 0)){PlotShapes(shape,IIf(Buy1,colorBrightGreen,colorRed),0,IIf(Buy1,Low,High));}

_SECTION_BEGIN("xtl");

SetChartBkColor(ParamColor("Outer panel color ",colorLightGrey));
tgt = 35;
a = CCI(20) < -tgt;
b = CCI(20) > tgt;
state = IIf(a>b,-1,IIf(a==b,0,1));
Color = IIf(state == 0, colorBlack, IIf(state == 1, colorBlue, IIf(state == -1, colorRed, 0)));

//Plot(state, "", color, styleHistogram);

SetChartOptions( 0, chartShowDates | chartShowArrows | chartLogarithmic | chartWrapTitle );
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", color, styleNoTitle |styleCandle ); 

_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("end 6&4");
Type = ParamList("Type", "Simple,Exponential,Double Exponential,Tripple Exponential,Wilders,Weighted");
Periods = Param("Periods", 6, 2, 300 );
Displacement = Param("Displacement", 4, -50, 50 );
m1 = 0;
m2 = 0;

if( Type == "Simple" ) {                    
    m1 = MA( H, Periods );
    m2 = MA( L, Periods);
}
if( Type == "Exponential" )             {                   
    m1 = EMA( H, Periods );
    m2 = EMA( L, Periods);
}

if( Type == "Double Exponential" )  {                   
    m1 = DEMA( H, Periods );
    m2 = DEMA( L, Periods);
}

if( Type == "Tripple Exponential" )     {                   
    m1 = TEMA( H, Periods );
    m2 = TEMA( L, Periods);
}

if( Type == "Wilders" )                 {                   
    m1 = Wilders( H, Periods );
    m2 = Wilders( L, Periods);
}

if( Type == "Weighted" )                {                   
    m1 = WMA( H, Periods );
    m2 = WMA( L, Periods);
}

Plot( m1, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("ColorTop", colorGreen), ParamStyle("Style"), 0, 0, Displacement );
Plot( m2, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("ColorBottom", colorRed), ParamStyle("Style"), 0, 0, Displacement );

PlotOHLC(m1,m1,m2,m2,"DMACloud",ParamColor("ColorChannel", colorLightGrey),styleCloud,Null,Null,Displacement);
// Uncomment line below to plot price if Indicator is not overlaid a Price chart
//Plot(C,"Close",colorBlack,styleCandle);

ppl = ParamToggle("Plot Pivot Levels","Off|On",1);
numbars = LastValue(Cum(Status("barvisible")));
fraction= IIf(StrRight(Name(),3) == "", 3.2, 3.2);
hts = -33.5;

/* This code calculates the previous days high, low and close */
Hi1 = IIf(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Ref(HighestSince(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),H,1),-1),0);
Hi = ValueWhen(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Hi1,1);
Lo1 = IIf(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Ref(LowestSince(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),L,1),-1),0);
Lo = ValueWhen(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Lo1,1);
Cl1 = IIf(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Ref(C,-1),0);
C1 = ValueWhen(Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Cl1,1);

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* This code calculates Daily Piovts */

rg = (Hi - Lo);
bp = (Hi + Lo + C1)/3; bpI = LastValue (bp,1);
r1 = (bp*2)-Lo; r1I = LastValue (r1,1);
s1 = (bp*2)-Hi; s1I = LastValue (s1,1);
r2 = bp + r1 - s1; r2I = LastValue (r2,1);
s2 = bp - r1 + s1; s2I = LastValue (s2,1);
r3 = bp + r2 - s1; r3I = LastValue (r3,1);
s3 = bp - r2 + s1; s3I = LastValue (s3,1);
r4 = bp + r2 - s2; r4I = LastValue (r4,1);
s4 = bp - r2 + s2; s4I = LastValue (s4,1);

if(ppl==1) {
Plot(bp,"",colorBlue,styleLine|styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(s1,"",colorRed,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(s2,"",colorRed,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(s3,"",colorRed,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(s4,"",colorRed,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(r1,"",colorGreen,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(r2,"",colorGreen,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(r3,"",colorGreen,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
//Plot(r4,"",colorGreen,styleLine|styleNoRescale);
PlotText(" Pivot = " + WriteVal(bp,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), bpI +0.05, colorBlue);
PlotText(" r1 = " + WriteVal(r1,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), r1I +0.05, colorGreen);
PlotText(" s1 = " + WriteVal(s1,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), s1I +0.05, colorRed);
//PlotText(" r2 = " + WriteVal(r2,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), r2I +0.05, colorGreen);
//PlotText(" s2 = " + WriteVal(s2,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), s2I +0.05, colorRed);
//PlotText(" r3 = " + WriteVal(r3,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), r3I +0.05, colorGreen);
//PlotText(" s3 = " + WriteVal(s3,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), s3I +0.05, colorRed);
////PlotText(" r4 = " + WriteVal(r4,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), r4I +0.05, colorGreen);
//PlotText(" s4 = " + WriteVal(s4,fraction), LastValue(BarIndex())-(numbars/Hts), s4I +0.05, colorRed);
}

_SECTION_END();