pls give assisstance

Sure. Here is what happened.

Shefeel did not know that in CDS order entry form, you have to enter the no. of lots. By mistake he entered the size of the contract, which is 1000 for 1 lot of USDINR options. He wanted to buy 2 lots of the options which he bought separately within a few minutes. But at both times, instead of entering "1", he entered "1000". So he ended up buying 2000 contracts of the USDINR options. The price per option was about Rs. 240, so he had to pay 240 x 2000 = 4,80,000 + brokerage + service tax , etc = Rs. 5.3 L to the broker. He had executed this trade on friday.

Next day(Saturday) or may be on Sunday, the broker branch manager and some executive came to his house to ask for the margin payment since option contracts require 100% margin. Shefeek did not have that much money in his bank account and he informed the bank officials so. The bank officials suggested that he square-off his positions on monday but insisted that he give them cheques so that they can secure themselves. They also agreed to return the cheques on monday after the position was squared-up. Shefeek squared-up his position on the following monday. But what worried him now was that they were not returning his cheques as agreed. He was afraid that if they try to encash those cheques, he will be guilty in cheque-bouncing case.

Now here is what must have conspired by the bank officials:
They were obviously aware of the fault in their trading system, or any lapse that had caused such a erroneous order to be executed. Now, if any liability had arisen out of it, then broker would have been held responsible for extremely poor risk management. Therefore, they wanted to prove that it was indeed the customer's true intention to buy 2 lots of those option contracts. And therefore, to prove the customer's intention, they persuaded him to write cheques worth Rs. 5.something lakhs. Their logic behind the move is that once the customer has given the cheques, it clearly indicates that customer has entered the trade at his own independent will and accepted the outcome of it. So basically, by getting him to write the cheques, they wanted to de-risk themselves and prevent any fingers from being pointed towards them.

But now as shefeek has closed his position, he will have to pay only the difference between trade size if he has incurred a loss, or the profit(after deducting brokerage, etc) will be credited to his ledger.

Now shefeek wants the cheques back because he is worried about them being bounced. But actually there is no reason to worry for him because now the cheques are not neded at all. He does not owe them any money now. So he has all the rights to stop payment of that cheques.
Sir,
They squared-up that position @0.10 .on monday..officials never told about their technical mistake.they told that it was my mistake..:(:( cheques were obtained by misinformation and they suspended my account.

Last edited:

hauler

Sir,
They squared-up that position @0.10 .on monday..officials never told about their technical mistake.they told that it was my mistake..:(:(
That's what I was worried about that the story is still not over, you are still losing 2.8 lakhs just in trade, leaving out the brokerage.
Ideally, you should not be paying any money - That was their loss, If you have got your cheque cancelled, just stick to it. If not, stick with your legal notice.
You have not incurred any losses.

That's what I was worried about that the story is still not over, you are still losing 2.8 lakhs just in trade, leaving out the brokerage.
Ideally, you should not be paying any money - That was their loss, If you have got your cheque cancelled, just stick to it. If not, stick with your legal notice.
You have not incurred any losses.
Now i checked my trading account ledger it shows cheques were bounced.....:confused::confused:.

Sure. Here is what happened.

Shefeel did not know that in CDS order entry form, you have to enter the no. of lots. By mistake he entered the size of the contract, which is 1000 for 1 lot of USDINR options. He wanted to buy 2 lots of the options which he bought separately within a few minutes. But at both times, instead of entering "1", he entered "1000". So he ended up buying 2000 contracts of the USDINR options. The price per option was about Rs. 240, so he had to pay 240 x 2000 = 4,80,000 + brokerage + service tax , etc = Rs. 5.3 L to the broker. He had executed this trade on friday.

Next day(Saturday) or may be on Sunday, the broker branch manager and some executive came to his house to ask for the margin payment since option contracts require 100% margin. Shefeek did not have that much money in his bank account and he informed the bank officials so. The bank officials suggested that he square-off his positions on monday but insisted that he give them cheques so that they can secure themselves. They also agreed to return the cheques on monday after the position was squared-up. Shefeek squared-up his position on the following monday. But what worried him now was that they were not returning his cheques as agreed. He was afraid that if they try to encash those cheques, he will be guilty in cheque-bouncing case.

Now here is what must have conspired by the bank officials:
They were obviously aware of the fault in their trading system, or any lapse that had caused such a erroneous order to be executed. Now, if any liability had arisen out of it, then broker would have been held responsible for extremely poor risk management. Therefore, they wanted to prove that it was indeed the customer's true intention to buy 2 lots of those option contracts. And therefore, to prove the customer's intention, they persuaded him to write cheques worth Rs. 5.something lakhs. Their logic behind the move is that once the customer has given the cheques, it clearly indicates that customer has entered the trade at his own independent will and accepted the outcome of it. So basically, by getting him to write the cheques, they wanted to de-risk themselves and prevent any fingers from being pointed towards them.

But now as shefeek has closed his position, he will have to pay only the difference between trade size if he has incurred a loss, or the profit(after deducting brokerage, etc) will be credited to his ledger.

Now shefeek wants the cheques back because he is worried about them being bounced. But actually there is no reason to worry for him because now the cheques are not neded at all. He does not owe them any money now. So he has all the rights to stop payment of that cheques.
Sir,Now i checked trading account ledger ,the two cheques were bounced and account balance shows debt of 4486278.02......

Mr.G

It's still not over then, your still screwed. And they got you in check bounce case too to prove that you intended those trades. Your in a mess son, or I'm really confused now.

hauler

Sir,Now i checked trading account ledger ,the two cheques were bounced and account balance shows debt of 4486278.02......
Shefeek,
That shows that your money is safe and your cheques did not go through. Now, you are back to from where you started, now all you have to do is just don't repeat the mistakes of giving them cheques again whatever they tell you. Keep the option of going to police open, if they try to be smart with you.
Next thing you need is to go and file a case in cosumer court.

VJAY

Dear sheffeek,
No...you are grilled ....now you get cheque bounce case too:(
Why you given cheques without cunsulting anyone knowledgable person near one you????????????:confused:
Better to talk with bunny bro or anyone who have clear knowledge in this matter ...so please take no of anyone and contact discuss it better avoid thread replys...once case solved post it here......my view
Dear shafeek,
As I told yesterday now you will get cheque bounce case...You must ready for it...as I told /many member also here told do it correctly ...Hope you complained in SEBI....now put an police case about cheques against those person who took cheque(as miguiding and fraud)..better to consult some good lawyer ...my view..also put complain @ consumer court

bunny

Why do you give so many conflicting versions? Sometimes you say credit, and now you are saying debit. In what was communicated to me, I had the impression that you have closed the trade on Monday.

Now tell me, when exactly did you close the trade? Or did you forget to close the trade at all? You can however, still, file complaint on SEBI SCORES website. They will then take up the issue with your broker. But before that, you have be clear of what you say has happened and must have evidence to prove.

Depending upon when you close the trade, you may or may not have a way out!

DSM

Shefeeq, keep printouts or snapshots of you account before they withdraw access to your account.

What you need to do :

Consult a good lawyer.
Find out the nearest consumer court immediately, and present your case.
File a complaint to SEBI, if not already done so.

If you are at fault, your liability should be limited to the funds or margin in your account. Kotak Securities is CLEARLY at fault as well, and no way you can be held accountable for the deficiency in their risk management system.

You will need to move fast.

Now i checked my trading account ledger it shows cheques were bounced.....:confused::confused:.

Why do you give so many conflicting versions? Sometimes you say credit, and now you are saying debit. In what was communicated to me, I had the impression that you have closed the trade on Monday.

Now tell me, when exactly did you close the trade? Or did you forget to close the trade at all? You can however, still, file complaint on SEBI SCORES website. They will then take up the issue with your broker. But before that, you have be clear of what you say has happened and must have evidence to prove.

Depending upon when you close the trade, you may or may not have a way out!
Sir
They closed the trade on monday 24/06/2013, morning @0.10...

Broker Special Offers