Please suggest Portfolio for LT

Dear Siva,
In riding bull market everybody wants to make a quick buck and claims that his risk apetite is very high. I bet, tomorrow if you loose 3-4 lakhs out of these 13 lakhs, your risk apetite will come down to its lowest level with in no time.
Dear expertspeaks,

Yes I agree with your points.

Before considering stock market I always remember on of my close relative's face, whose family was almost on the verge of mass SUICIDE during 1993 Harshad's scam.:eek: To this date I know why my cousin were unable to get through the proper education and settled with ordinary jobs.

Actually it gave an opportunity to look at my risk assessment points and considering that I have assessed my risk profile/appetite appropriately correct me if I am wrong, especially
1.When both husband and wife are working in IT MNC
2.where one of the member is holding ESOP
3.With no family obligations/constraints(marriages,education or debts)
4.I admit that my trading skills are between bad and mediocre, but not my risk management skills OR backup/contingency plans, 5.I was doing intra-day trading two years back with ZERO knowledge in stocks, large volumes of Allahabad Bank,Andhra Bank at 103/105 were about to bite me strong, I took delivery position, instead of committing loss. Even STC dipped from buy price of 190 to 134, I kept holding for 2 years. same thing for JetAir Bought@1300. I could take position in all these because of my contingency plans.

Now with the help of STC alone my entire portofolio is in green, dark green. This is in addition to the MF holdings that gave average 60% results in the last 2 years. I think I have covered my ass enough.

The reason for mentioning above points is NOT to demonstrate my financial ability, but for others reading this thread how much cushion one should take in order to say "my risk apetite is high" and I stick to it.

You said you have a loan to pay, my suggestion is to pay your loan partially if not completely and rest of the money you can invest in Plots, MF's and in some bluechip shares.
The little hesitant point is I dont want to repay loan, which bank can give interest rate of 7.5% FIXED per annum during the current time, so I will keep it for a while.

People have made a lot of easy money in last few years and nowadays everybody talks about doubling the money in a week. Do not get carried away and keep realistic goals for yourself.
Again a valid point to agree with you.
But I am not talking about doubling money in a week or a month time.I did mention that my interest is Long Term.
I have seen people doubling money in months time, Honestly Yes even I was bitten by it, but there is a fund allocated for that.

Yeah, I learned my lessons,never do intra-day for living(of course one can play, like I did at LosVegas), short term trading requires some time dedicated, but always focus on scrips with fundamentals, atleast they may recover.
And I am realistic about my goals, but why NOT I should try to get my hands on something like Jai Corp, Unitech OR my curent STC...? I want to know the scrips with strong fundamentals that go stronger on the long run.

The first thing afte joining is to read threads from 2006 and to find the most most reliable advisors.
There are many great people like jnj,Anid,prabhajeet, and others who support them with their critical analysis.I wish I met them long time back, but better late than never.

I reall thank all members of the forum for providing valuable inputs.

Siva

Dear Siva,
you might have received my earlier post.you can go for tata steel for most safest investment atleasst for next year.HDfc can be considered ,om steel infra,kabra extrusion are the stocks fundamentally sound and worthhold,GG Dandeker is also good.Reliance indinfra,idea celluler,Nitinsppinner can be picked to bring divercity in investment.
wish you all the best
JPJAIN