HDFC Top 200
BSL Frontline Equity

Mid & Small Cap:
IDFC Premier Equity Plan-A
ICICI Prud. Discovery

Multi Cap:
Rel. Regular savings.
HDFC Equity

All are growth and monthly Rs.5000 each.
yodlee99, any suggestions will be appreciated.

yodlee99

Great set of funds. You are planning to invest 5k per month in 7 funds... I was going to suggest 7k per month in 5 funds.. I will leave it upto you. As long as you can keep track of 7 funds, we have no issues.
Also, remember to set up 5 SIPs for 1k each on 5 different dates of the month. Repeat it for each fund, if you are keen on rupee cost averaging. It might look a little daunting to think about this, but its pretty simple. I would definitely suggest you spend a few extra minutes to set this up right on day 1 and get slightly better returns.
Check back with us in an year's time and by then, I am sure to see a bigger smile in your face;)
Good luck!

Nava

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable sugesstions. I will drop 1 Midcap and 1 Multicap and the final list as follows,
Large Cap :
Franklin India Blue Chip

Large & Mid Cap :
HDFC Top 200
BSL Frontline Equity

Mid & Small Cap:
IDFC Premier Equity Plan-A

Multi Cap:
HDFC Equity

yodlee99

Looks good to me. If you are interested in more suggestions, here it is: diversify across MF houses and replace HDFC Equity with Rel Reg savings equity.
Good portfolio.

Nava

Great set of funds. You are planning to invest 5k per month in 7 funds... I was going to suggest 7k per month in 5 funds.. I will leave it upto you. As long as you can keep track of 7 funds, we have no issues.
Also, remember to set up 5 SIPs for 1k each on 5 different dates of the month. Repeat it for each fund, if you are keen on rupee cost averaging. It might look a little daunting to think about this, but its pretty simple. I would definitely suggest you spend a few extra minutes to set this up right on day 1 and get slightly better returns.
Check back with us in an year's time and by then, I am sure to see a bigger smile in your face;)
Good luck!
yodlee99,

Thanks for your advise to spread the SIP throughout the month.

Can you advise on the following planned allocation ratio to maintain between the funds..?

Large/mid Cap : 50 %

Mid/samall Cap : 25 %

Multi Cap : 15 %

Sector Funds : 10 %