please help about dividend not received

Sir,
I have shares of Motilal oswal financial services. The record date for dividend was 30th may 2009. Today is 19th july and i havent yet received any dividend. I contacted the company and they said that after a meeting to be held on august 3rd, they will distribute the dividend. Sir i want to know

1. Am i not supoosed to received dividend within 30 days of record date?

2. Is it normal for a company to delay dividend for such a long time or should I write to sebi about it?

I am a new investor so please help. thanks

SavantGarde

Once A Dividend Has Been Declared & Record Date Mentioned, You Should Have Got The Dividend. I Suggest You Make Sure From Your Bank Statement Whether The Dividend Of 0.80 Per Share Was Credited Or Not.

Also Check Your Cash Market Ledger For Credit Of The Dividend, Sometimes It Also Gets Credited By The Broker Directly To Your Cash Market Ledger.

Once You Are Sure That You Have Not Received The Declared Dividend Then Go Investor Grievance Cell Of The Exchange, Or You Can Make E-Complaint For The Same On NSE.

Link Is Provided Down Below:

http://www.nse-investorhelpline.com/EIS/

SavantGarde

Sir,
I have shares of Motilal oswal financial services. The record date for dividend was 30th may 2009. Today is 19th july and i havent yet received any dividend. I contacted the company and they said that after a meeting to be held on august 3rd, they will distribute the dividend. Sir i want to know

2. Is it normal for a company to delay dividend for such a long time or should I write to sebi about it?

vasa1

Sir,

Hi, one point to note is that if the dividend is a final dividend, it usually is dependent on approval at the AGM.

The record date merely establishes the right of the holder on that date to receive the dividend after it has been approved in the AGM. This is usually a formality but you will get your dividend after the AGM so please be patient!

On the other hand, interim dividends are received a few days after the record date.

In both cases, you must buy the shares before the ex-dividend date to ensure that your demat account receives the shares by the record date.

So, coming back to your specific query, I don't think anything is amiss.