PAN and more

senji

Hello everybody!!,

This is my first post on this site and would like to thank the community for making such helpful forum.

I would appreciate your informations about this PAN related question. Question itself might tell how less I know about this. After getting some information from various sources, I get to know how one can get PAN card. Please try to tell something about these:

1. Are NRI-PAN (if something called like this) card and resident PAN card same? I mean logo, meaning or anything else.

2. If I get an NRI PAN card, what things I must have to do.
a. Like filling Income tax return (even if I have Zero income at India).
b. when some taxes have been deducted at sources (e.g. during selling mutual funds etc), you pay taxes. What you must do or should do at the end of the tax year? Is it must to file a return.

3. Will any NRI income be counted or have to be reported.

May be all these questions are funny, please write; so that I will try to explain as I can. Thank you.

Sen

Hello Sen
I am an Investment Advisor in a company focusing on NRI Investments in India.

** Please see the answers to your NRI Pan related questions.

1. Are NRI-PAN (if something called like this) card and resident PAN card same? I mean logo, meaning or anything else.
>>> They both are same. AND NRI is not mentioned on the PAN Card.

2. If I get an NRI PAN card, what things I must have to do.

a. Like filling Income tax return (even if I have Zero income at India).
>>> You dont have to pay tax in India, if you are not making money in India. But it is always good to file a tax return and show that you have zero income in India. This would increase your credibility.

b. when some taxes have been deducted at sources (e.g. during selling mutual funds etc), you pay taxes. What you must do or should do at the end of the tax year? Is it must to file a return.
>>> Yes you should file return with a help of an Indian TAX consultant.

3. Will any NRI income be counted or have to be reported.
>>> Yes you have to report those income, incase that income is generated in India.

Just incase you want to apply for a PAN card as an NRI, please checkout this link:

http://nriinvestindia.com/nri-apply-pan-card-online.html

Girish

very informative reply girish :)