Overtrading

siyalikashyap

Stop overthnkng.U cant control evrythng, Be it
Man, that's a powerful share! Really appreciate you opening up about your journey. It's wild how the market can pull us in, making us feel untouchable until reality checks in. Your turnaround sounds like a masterclass in self-discipline and strategy refinement. Love the idea of a trading journal to keep track of the mental game too. It’s all about playing it smart and staying true to your game plan.
Thank you for your kind words! I truly appreciate your support. It's been a journey of ups and downs, but discipline and strategy have been my guiding lights. Recently, I've started exploring Shoonya by @Finvasia for investing—it's smooth and efficient, but I've learned from past experiences to be cautious of overtrading, especially with zero brokerage.

There was a period when I noticed I was making trades more frequently than usual, driven by emotions rather than strategy. Despite the increased activity, my profits were diminishing, and I started experiencing higher stress levels. Recognizing this pattern, I implemented stricter trading rules and took breaks to refocus, which ultimately helped me regain control over my trading behavior.
Thanks for sharing your experience. The importance of discipline and self-awareness can not be over looked for sure!

stoch

To tackle overtrading, I focus on disciplined adherence to a predetermined trading plan using HFM tools, which includes setting strict entry and exit criteria. Additionally, I limit the number of trades I take per day or week, ensuring each trade meets my predefined setup criteria. This approach helps maintain focus, mitigate impulsive decisions, and ultimately improve trading performance.

To tackle overtrading, I focus on disciplined adherence to a predetermined trading plan using HFM tools, which includes setting strict entry and exit criteria. Additionally, I limit the number of trades I take per day or week, ensuring each trade meets my predefined setup criteria. This approach helps maintain focus, mitigate impulsive decisions, and ultimately improve trading performance.
Great strategy! Thanks for sharing

stoch

To avoid overtrading, I adhere strictly to my trading plan, which includes predefined entry and exit criteria, risk management rules, and a maximum number of trades per day or week (currently 10). Additionally, I regularly monitor my trading activity and assess whether each trade meets my plan's criteria, ensuring that I only execute trades when conditions align with my strategy. This disciplined approach helps me maintain focus and prevent impulsive trading decisions.

To avoid overtrading, I adhere strictly to my trading plan, which includes predefined entry and exit criteria, risk management rules, and a maximum number of trades per day or week (currently 10). Additionally, I regularly monitor my trading activity and assess whether each trade meets my plan's criteria, ensuring that I only execute trades when conditions align with my strategy. This disciplined approach helps me maintain focus and prevent impulsive trading decisions.
Totally right! I once caught myself opening trades just because I wanted to see action, totally ignoring my own rules. It was a wake-up call. Your strategy is spot-on. Thanks for sharing that!

stoch

After losing around 70% of my equity, I know I was overtrading. I want to trade every time, it's not trading, it's gambling and greedy. My advice for new traders, 1 trade a day is better than 10 trades a day.[/QUOTE']
It sounds like you've gained valuable insight from your experience. Overtrading can indeed lead to significant losses and is often driven by emotions like greed and impulsiveness. Your advice to new traders to focus on quality over quantity by limiting trades to one per day is wise. Patience and discipline are key components of successful trading, and prioritizing a well-thought-out trading plan over frequent trading can help mitigate risks and improve consistency in results.

After losing around 70% of my equity, I know I was overtrading. I want to trade every time, it's not trading, it's gambling and greedy. My advice for new traders, 1 trade a day is better than 10 trades a day.
The main problem of many traders is the inability to stop and the desire to be constantly in the market. This is problem. It can only be solved in this way: trade only according to your trading strategy, trading plan and avoid violating them

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sangram1705 Derivatives 16