Opening Range Breakout (ORB) - Intraday Trading System

Hi Dinesh, I couldnt trade daily on ORB method. It does not work always,trending days we gain more but lot of wipsaw on other days eats our profits.
Haa...if I know tat I would have made millions :)

May be u can use check for nr7 days n trade on those days, as chances of break out is higher for nr7
hi cubt , i asked you because of your statement marked in bold above. i thought you have set some filters to initiate the trade, you told trading in trending days are beneficial, so you may have set up to decide day is trending or sideways.

augubhai

Why do number of trades differ for : "With Stop Loss" and "Without Stop Loss"?
Afterall SL comes into play only after we are in TRADE! Why shouldnt the nymber of trades be same?
No of trades should be same, I must have missed something
Hi Cubt,

If u used my afl, then probably that is the cause. It is a pretty buggy afl. I only used it to get a visual on the charts, and never tested the system with it.

Cubt

Algo Trader

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi Cubt,

If u used my afl, then probably that is the cause. It is a pretty buggy afl. I only used it to get a visual on the charts, and never tested the system with it.
Agubai,
never mind!! I stopped Trading Nifty with using ORB/Super Trend.
So no problem :)

which is the best time to trade the orb strategy 15 m / 30 min / 1 hr going by the backtesting results . i have been using metastock and cannot backtest a strategy with multi time frame analysis