ODIN charting question

nitinsy

Hi,
I have ODIN client (v9.0.0.0) from RK Global. I was trying the charting feature but am not able to plot candlestick charts. It only shows basic line graph. There is an OHLC option but on selecting that I get a blank chart.

Also, when I try "download data" option I get a cannot connect message. I want to see if I can get historical data here

Nitin

I too tried that with no success.. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
further can anybody please tell me how to link data from ODIN and amibroker.
thanks in advance

whyLately

Hi,
I have ODIN client (v9.0.0.0) from RK Global. I was trying the charting feature but am not able to plot candlestick charts. It only shows basic line graph. There is an OHLC option but on selecting that I get a blank chart.

Also, when I try "download data" option I get a cannot connect message. I want to see if I can get historical data here

Nitin
The less said about ODIN's chart 'feature' the better. Yes, you cannot display the graph as OHLC or as candlesticks in version 9.0. The 'Manage Scrips' or Download data option does not work. When contacted, they said that the charts were "under development". The help file does not have a section on graphs.

Some irritants:
- The chart only plots current day data that has streamed when logged in. It will plot data after a graph has been opened once for the day. This is to say that there are no historical charts. Also, if you log off or the software hangs, the intervening data will not plot.
- The volume plot is misleading since it only plots the 'tick' volume. In my case, the 'tick' occurs every 3 to 4 seconds and the volume for the intervening trades is lost.
- The volume axis is to 3 decimal places; beats me. Can be set but does not save settings -- who would like to do it everyday.
- etc. etc.

Hopefully, once a little time passes, you will be amused rather than anguished. The marketing brochure of FT has this to say:

On-line Graphs
Multi scrip graphing facility, graph for comparison in F&O with the underlying. Intra day charting with pan, zoom facility for scrips and index. Charting options with trend lines, mounts, cross, dots. Time coordinates on graph with values.

Data Window
The data window displays the data on which the graph is plotted.. Intraday data plotted on the graph can be viewed in the data window.. The data can be viewed either on value or on volume. Data can also be saved to file for future records.

nitinsy

Anyone have charting working in ODIN with downloading of historical data???

Does not matter which broker you are using. Does not have to be RK. If you have ODIN and charting works then I would like some help from you.

Can you give me the value for this key from registry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODIN\ODIN6\ODIN DietClient\Defaults\ChartServerIp

Nitin

whyLately

Can you give me the value for this key from registry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODIN\ODIN6\ODIN DietClient\Defaults\ChartServerIp

Nitin
If it helps, a document on the net from Svarn Financial mentions:

Server IP 59.144.163.209
Broadcast Server IP 59.144.163.209
Chart Server IP 59.144.163.209
Broadcast TCP Port 7013
Broadcast UDP Port 8013

Flock

Nitin,

The ODIN software has only one good point about it, execution is fast.

Other than that everything else is basic. :(

I am using this only because of RKGs low brokerage and decent customer service.

Trade Anywhere gives better charting facility, but Angel's brokerage is on the higher side.

nitinsy

Thanks arm. Can you help me with these questions?

1. What are charges for Trade Anywhere? I was thinking of using trade anywhere for charting and RK for trading. If there is a low fixed cost then it might be a viable option. Brokerage will not matter
2. Are historical charts available for nifty & stock futures. If yes, did you check how far we can go back - time wise.
3. I sometimes change the time used for charting. For ex:
Standard charting has:
Bar 1 - 9:00-10:00
Bar 2 - 10:00-11:00
Bar 3 - 11:00-12:00 etc

Sometimes I use charts plotted as
Bar 1 - 9:55-10:55
Bar 2 - 10:55-11:55
Bar 3 - 11:55-12:55 etc

Is it possible to change the time range as indicated above.

Thanks
Nitin

Flock

Well last I checked with them (was at least 6 months ago) they dont have any charges for the software except of course the one time account opening charges and the demat charges, but they expect you to generate some amount of min brokerage per month. Opening the account and not trading may not be acceptable to them.

Well I dont know about historical charts, and I dont think you can do that type of custom interval, though I am not too sure. The best way to check is to download the software from their site and install it. You dont need an account for that. Dont login, just open the charts. It will not update real time but at the end of the day you can view the chart for the day, and a few days back. So you can see what exactly is available.

If you are just looking for historical data, it is available at investbulls.com with 1 minute resolution all stocks cash and futures.

Rgds

stumper

Hi Everyone ,

I really dont know why do you have to depend on the brokers software to do the charting for you. In any case if you are a tehnical trader (heavily dependent on charts), you can very well opt for something like esignal. Data is most reliable and software is upto international standard's. Many people get back down after hearing the charges though (approx 5K per month), but i would consider that worth spending if i earn my bread and butter using this charts.

Regards.