Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamit_05

GMT,

There are a very few people who are using option spreads. At the moment, I believe, you are one of them.

So please post your trade here. Readers will get the benefit of learning vicariously.

Regards.

manojborle

6000 ce @ 89 lakhs and reducing
5900 ce @ 79 lakhs and reducing
5700 pe @ 84 lakhs and increasing
and 5800 pe @ 72 lakhs and increasing

What we can interpret from this ?

Have been actively following, and doing a couple of trades, in the expiry week.

Now I have question:-

In 5600PE there has been, upto 14:45 hrs, an increase in OI of approx 5.4million. LTP was Rs. 1.3 when I checked the figures. Now I can understand the Option writer trying to make a few bucks (from 19 to zero means a profit of 19 Rs. in a day!!). I cannot understand what is there in it for the counter-party who buys the Option. Can anyone throw light on possible explanations for this?

Thanks in advance.

Have been actively following, and doing a couple of trades, in the expiry week.

Now I have question:-

In 5600PE there has been, upto 14:45 hrs, an increase in OI of approx 5.4million. LTP was Rs. 1.3 when I checked the figures. Now I can understand the Option writer trying to make a few bucks (from 19 to zero means a profit of 19 Rs. in a day!!). I cannot understand what is there in it for the counter-party who buys the Option. Can anyone throw light on possible explanations for this?

Thanks in advance.
Maybe the traders who sold it at 100Rs. earlier in the series.

that would not lead to an increase in OI timepass...to answer shridhar's question tht could possible be someone who bought it at the opening or someone playing cal spreadz or some punter(s) trying to predict mkt will dip below 5600 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.