Nifty levels to watch

hai, must be boring to read the previous post.but has uptrend really started.
the answer is yes.but for a short term, as the market faces a major resistance at 2868 (NSE) / 9633 (BSE).if we clear that and hold for a few days then, we will be able to break the trend. still then trade lightly.
keep a watch on index heavyweights like reliance , ongc and hll prices and watch their trends.if they swing too much,then we are in trouble.
bye
ravi

Hi,Ravi.The picture will clear tomorrow itself.
The long puts and shorts will be forced to play their hand tomorrow.Expect gr8 volatility in F&O.

amitt29 said:
Hi,Ravi.The picture will clear tomorrow itself.
The long puts and shorts will be forced to play their hand tomorrow.Expect gr8 volatility in F&O.

Amit
Can one carry an overnight short position in the cash segment (in India) ?

I thought NO.

AGILENT

hai amit, you are bang right on target. we are for a major breakout.BUY ON DIPS is the right strategy. i am sure we will clear the resistance i mentioned above, but there is a word of caution. do not carry profits and book them at levels you are comfortable with as Fed hike in June 29th and Bank of Japan proposal in July will spook the markets for some extent. So take care. Happy trading profits.i am booking loss in my shorts. bye
ravi

HAI, we will touch 2969 with stop loss at 2798(yesterdays close).take care and book profit.dont carry over long positions and avoid shorting.
bye
ravi

ravi1967 said:
hai amit, you are bang right on target. we are for a major breakout.BUY ON DIPS is the right strategy. i am sure we will clear the resistance i mentioned above, but there is a word of caution. do not carry profits and book them at levels you are comfortable with as Fed hike in June 29th and Bank of Japan proposal in July will spook the markets for some extent. So take care. Happy trading profits.i am booking loss in my shorts. bye
ravi

Ravi
Havn't these events been discounted by the markets already, if the whole world is expecting them ?

AGILENT
PS what IS the Bank of Japan proposal anyway ... I thought yesterday's news indicates some change of thinking

hai agilentji, the word of caution is not be carried away by swings. the market has discounted this already as mentioned by you,but sentiment on the day of announcement may play up .so go long and profit!!! .
bye
ravi

ravi1967 said:
HAI, we will touch 2969 with stop loss at 2798(yesterdays close).take care and book profit.dont carry over long positions and avoid shorting.
bye
ravi
hai, we managed to reach 2960.15 levels, before profit taking mood set in. the momentum provided by sensex and nifty is sure to carry over to next week , with resistance at 3062 for nifty and 10291 for sensex.if we manage to move above this with good volumes, then we will reach 3238 for nifty and 10788 for sensex by end of next week (23rd June 2006).My contention is that most of the losses have been booked by small investors and now the mood to make profits, is back.This has reflected in rise of volumes and hence with volatility, the market will inch towards the target mentioned above.
take care and trade lightly.
ravi

Last edited:
Hi Ravi,On Moday we need to watch for 2880 and below,just a slight push may throw it off the cliff.Its sitting on a powder keg at the moment.Below 2875 its gone.
I'd expect to overcome this, we might have a gapup opening.
On the other hand God protect everybody if we have a gap down.