Nifty Futures-5 Min Pivot Method-Live Discussion

metushar

Ankit...the shorts have triggered as per this method ? Doing paper trade and following this method. short triggered at 4461 below 10.50 weak pivot low ?

ag_fx

Ankit,

Are you seeing

10.55 low as a strong PL and
11.20 high as a Strong PH?

Pls provide your views. I want to be doubly sure about this concept before I go ahead.
As I mentioned, 10:40 AM is a strong PL.

The 10:55 AM bar is NOT a Pivot at first. It doesnt fit into the definition of PL. The low of 10:50 candle is lower than the 10:55 Candle and thus it is not a PL.

11:30 high is a strong PH. Yes you are correct here.

Similarly 11:45 low is a strong PL.

I am short 2 lots since 4478, but my filters are a little different from rajendrani and thus didnt post the trades.

jamit_05

Well My take is lets keep the number of threads to minimum.No one can post Live trades on 5 min time frame pretty regulalry. The name Live was given so that discussions(both Live & EOD) can take place at the same place rather than at the mother thread. if Live trades and charts are posted here, I am sure discussions will take place here only.

At the end, the target is to learn collectively and trade profitably.I am fine either ways, running two threads or one. Totally the call of fellow traders. I am game anyways. :)
Quite right. I see your point. It may be a little inconvenient to switch between threads.... but since the damage is done, lets give it a shot. Besides, it is not anybody's choice to make... :) Lets just go with the flow :)

My motivation was that, at any time in the future if I wanted to confirm a trade, it would be easier to browse through this thread. Keeping in mind the volume of posts questions and answers generate.

ag_fx

Ankit...the shorts have triggered as per this method ? Doing paper trade and following this method. short triggered at 4461 below 10.50 weak pivot low ?

10:50 is NOT a PL. I suggest you to first try and identify correct PHs and PLs before trying to paper trade this method. Go thru the mother thread.Some pages from 25 onwards and you would see a lot of discussion which took place on identifying PLs and PHs. Take one step at a time.

jamit_05

The 10:55 AM bar is NOT a Pivot at first. It doesnt fit into the definition of PL. The low of 10:50 candle is lower than the 10:55 Candle and thus it is not a PL.

There is the rub my friend. 10.50 and 10.55 have the same lows (they could easily be off by a tick or two in some other data source) and subsequently we have HHs and HLs.

Going by the concept, it feels as though it is a PL. Market stopped at 10.50 and clearly took off from there.

Last edited:

metushar

As I mentioned, 10:40 AM is a strong PL.

11:30 high is a strong PH. Yes you are correct here.

Similarly 11:45 low is a strong PL.

I am short 2 lots since 4478, but my filters are a little different from rajendrani and thus didnt post the trades.
10.50-10.55 doesnt qualify as weak pivot low point ?

ag_fx

The first trade of the Day , for this method....must have been triggerred now. A long above the PH of 11:20 AM.

PS: The short trade that I wrote previously was my adjustment to the method and not according to Rajendrani's method. I wud abstain posting mytrades till EOD from now.Btw, that short trade was closed by me at entry point. I wud post the charts at EOD to show why.

ag_fx

There is the rub my friend. 10.50 and 10.55 have the same lows (they could easily be off by a tick or two in some other data source) and subsequently we have HHs and HLs.

Going by the concept, it feels as though it is a PL. Market stopped at 10.50 and clearly took off from there in that tf.
10.50-10.55 doesnt qualify as weak pivot low point ?
Accrdng to my charts, 10:50 Low is 4478 and 10:55 Low is 4478.6
It doesnt qualify as a PL for me.

Btw, can anyone post the ATR(15) from nifty fut daily charts till yesterday? Funny enough, my charting doesnt have an ATR!!!
it will help me post the possible trades for the day using rajendrani's method only!

jamit_05

Accrdng to my charts, 10:50 Low is 4478 and 10:55 Low is 4478.6
It doesnt qualify as a PL for me.

Btw, can anyone post the ATR(15) from nifty fut daily charts till yesterday? Funny enough, my charting doesnt have an ATR!!!
it will help me post the possible trades for the day using rajendrani's method only!
daily ATR(15) till yesterday is 112

PS: This ATR value is purely the avg of abs(o-c) and does not include the gaps.

Last edited: