NF Swing Trading using Fractal AFL

princy01

Sir, I have doubt about the parameters. I have used the AFL as it is from the link provided. Let Suri clarify the doubt about params.

Earlier I had tested Supertrend AFL, on 15 mins TF and parameters 4 & 3 , I was getting around 11100 points from 761 trades for the period 2006 to 2011. Fractal AFL , on 7 min TF, was giving 12229 points from 706 trades. Fractal AFL has a slight edge over Supertrend, so I opted for it.
Can you please share this fractal afl please

Regards

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Publicly shared AFL may not give u consistent and good profit. There are many reasons behind this.
Try creating ur own logic and convert in to AFL.

Source: MyOwnExperience :)
its difficult bro..
if u don't mind can u elaborate the reasons?

oldtrader

its difficult bro..
Start with 10k as I said in the earlier posts, by trading options of 50 rs cost. Strictly follow the Buy and Sell signals. Try adding the profits back into the system by increasing the option cost. I don't see any reason why it should not work.

I am even willing to post charts in real time if anybody is not having access to AMI and live data.

its difficult bro..
I am continuous experimenting and backtesting AFL stuff for past 20-30 hours.:mad:
Market is dynamic in nature and mechanical system will never be consistent unless some discretionary is involved.
If u have created ur own login then u must know about it's edge and drawdowns when it may not work.

PS: Still I have not reach with satisfactory results but hope it will be soon...:)

Start with 10k as I said in the earlier posts, by trading options of 50 rs cost. Strictly follow the Buy and Sell signals. Try adding the profits back into the system by increasing the option cost. I don't see any reason why it should not work.

I am even willing to post charts in real time if anybody is not having access to AMI and live data.
I never say it will not work. Any good system will give you good results but may not give consistent. If we consider 6 months to 1 year then it will give u profit at the end...If u had strictly followed the system.

vijkris

Learner and Follower

hi, oldtraderji, I meant its difficult to create our own logic. needs lot of experience. I m not against supertrend/fractal afl as such. I have seen it(supertrend) working as positional system.

regarding posting realtime charts, I don think its a good idea.its better to concentrate on trades.

I am continuous experimenting and backtesting AFL stuff for past 20-30 hours.:mad:
Market is dynamic in nature and mechanical system will never be consistent unless some discretionary is involved.
If u have created ur own login(logic) then u must know about it's edge and drawdowns when it may not work.

PS: Still I have not reach with satisfactory results but hope it will be soon...:)
hmm.. ya.. ur explanation seems logical to me, as after lot of effort, I m somewhat able to identify when my arrows is gonna fail.
thanks
we can improve mechanical system by coding few discretions. still it is challenging for me atleast:D

Last edited: