NF Swing Trading using Fractal AFL

bpr

Verify your trade at NSE site. NSE tame charts is not foolproof. They use L1 which may not capture correct OHLC.

You can also check Bhavcopy. Bhavcopy will capture the accurate OHLC.

HEre market watch showing the actual low.

And yet when we ask for Tick by tick data we are laughed at by vendors.

EDIT:

But looks like charts did capture it. Looks like market was gripped by fear.

Last edited:

oldtrader

Verify your trade at NSE site. NSE tame charts is not foolproof. They use L1 which may not capture correct OHLC.

EDIT:

The low of the day is 71 , I have seen that, rather it was my trade :), eventhough I had placed SL at 72.5. The point is the dip to 71 and revert back to normal level was so fast that I did not see that on the terminal at all. I think it is some sort of manipulation.

The modus operandi looks like this, First check how many sell orders are pending , then place buy order slightly higher than that number, place a sell order at a very low rate from another account. That way the price will be dragged to abnormal levels and eat away all the stoplosses in between. Is it possible?

Last edited:

suri112000

Dear oldtrader,

When you take a trade, how do you decide your initial SL.
Do you close the trade in loss even if the initial SL is not hit.
I understand closing the trade when in profit is ok even if it is small one. That is because your Trail SL gets hit and you are out of trade with a profit.

But, when the trade is ON, initial SL is not taken out why do you book loss prematurely by applying trailing SL. I mean, you should adopt trailing
SL only when your trade is in profit.

I was just going through the charts applying fractal AFL on 1 hour TF. Struck with following idea.

When we initiate a trade, we should mentally prepared to give up the initial SL. right? For example, on 28/4/2016 a sell signal is generated at 7846 and initial SL is 8005 ie 161 points SL. Infact, the initial SL is taken out on 26/5/2016. But on 09/5/2016 a buy signal is generated at 7867 with an initial SL at 7695 ie 171 points SL. The initial SL for this buy signal is never hit as on today. But, on 13/6/2016 there was a trailing profitable SL exit at 8110.

Loss on short is 161 points. Profit on Long is 240 points. So, net profit is about 80 points with just 2 trades.

We are holding short futures in current month and long futures in next month.
Let us assume we are not flipping the trades on every signal it generates. We hold on the trades until initial SL Hits or profitable trailing SL hits.

will see with larger data, if it works well.:)

oldtrader

Dear oldtrader,

When you take a trade, how do you decide your initial SL.
Do you close the trade in loss even if the initial SL is not hit.
I understand closing the trade when in profit is ok even if it is small one. That is because your Trail SL gets hit and you are out of trade with a profit.

But, when the trade is ON, initial SL is not taken out why do you book loss prematurely by applying trailing SL. I mean, you should adopt trailing
SL only when your trade is in profit.

I was just going through the charts applying fractal AFL on 1 hour TF. Struck with following idea.

When we initiate a trade, we should mentally prepared to give up the initial SL. right? For example, on 28/4/2016 a sell signal is generated at 7846 and initial SL is 8005 ie 161 points SL. Infact, the initial SL is taken out on 26/5/2016. But on 09/5/2016 a buy signal is generated at 7867 with an initial SL at 7695 ie 171 points SL. The initial SL for this buy signal is never hit as on today. But, on 13/6/2016 there was a trailing profitable SL exit at 8110.

Loss on short is 161 points. Profit on Long is 240 points. So, net profit is about 80 points with just 2 trades.

We are holding short futures in current month and long futures in next month.
Let us assume we are not flipping the trades on every signal it generates. We hold on the trades until initial SL Hits or profitable trailing SL hits.

will see with larger data, if it works well.:)

The idea is great. Never thought in that way. I will also check on large data and if profitable, then it will save us from lot of whipsaws. Thanks once again for the concept. I have an inner feeling that it will work out to be a robust system.

oldtrader

Dear Oldtraderji
If you are testing Surijis method then which setting & timeframe are you using for nifty?
Regards
Same settings and same timeframe as before i.e., 7 min and 0.053 , 0.008. I checked for 5 months back data and dropped the idea. The results are good in sideways market, but when the market comes out of range the losses are very high. You also check, because this has to be done manually, Maybe I made some mistake.

EDIT:

Sir can you tell how to see the chart on trading view as I am not able to see the nifty Futures chart only spot is there