Newbie's Question on Options

rsg

Hi Ivanboesky,
If I buy nifty 3100 march call and sell 3200 nifty march call against it, it is bull call spraed. Can you tell me the margin requirement for this strategy? If I have to place this, is this one order or 2 seperate orders? Is there any broker who place spread order as one order with limit price?

Thank you
rsg

Yes, it is a bull spread. The margin wont be too high... Ask your broker for the exact amount of margin. You can enter two separate orders, or a single spread order specifying the price differential between the two option prices.

Hi,

In case it helps, CE/PE stands for Call or Put Options "European" and CA/PA stands for Call/Put "American".

In case it is common knowledge, then pls. excuse.

Regards

arrbee

Hallo sir,
what will happen if i buy any in the money option & becoz of illiquid volume i cannot sqr off the same , then shall i get credit on that option on expiry date
how ?

vince

Hallo sir,
what will happen if i buy any in the money option & becoz of illiquid volume i cannot sqr off the same , then shall i get credit on that option on expiry date
how ?
If it is a nifty option you will get credit equivalent to strike price - closing price on expiry day automatically if it is in the money.

An american option (stock options) can be excercised at any time.

sreperu

HI Traderji,
In order to calculate the Profit/Loss graphs with the options, we need the implied Volatilities of the indivisual stocks and index. Could you please guide me to get those?

Thanks in advance!

Regards!
Sreeny

musicjunkie

Hello all,
I like most here have never traded in derivatives but am very interested and trying to read as many books as possible. I had a few questions,
1) Does the futures market have a lot size of 100 each per contract or its the standard size like Option which change quite often?
2) And is there a minimum amount in need to place an order with? or it it that i can trade the minimum lot size.
3) do ihave to put up margin while writing options also? the margin turns out to be quite alot, i trade in icici (i know) and they ask for 25% initial.

I hope i was clear with the above questions