New to trading

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also to trading.

Kindly help me with few tips of equity intraday trading to start up.

Would appreciate if anyone cud help me know the logic while purchasing and also understanding the risk factor after and before purchasing the shares.

How to take a right step?

Wher does the money go after we purchase these shares is one such question which is boggling my mind?

If the answers wud come from a senior person, suggestions wud be great value.

Regards :)

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friend,

You are new to trading means you are already an invester. Trading is not a cup of tea for all. You need to have a strategy and a good plan in place before you start your trade, Like :

- Enter into trade only after you have a confirmed trend up or down.
- Enter only when you have got the exit policy ready. E.g. exit with profit at 4-5% from the buy price and exit with loss with a stop loss of 1-2%.
- Its better to make many small wrong trades then, be in long in wrong trades.
- Study the charts and plan accordingly. Lot of charting s/ws are available.

Hope above helps a bit.

Regards

sudoku1

intraday trading is a lengthy & tiredfull process...i would advise u to first start trading on a paper & pencil & if u find it suitable then go on for real.all in all i dont want to discourage u but my years of experiance has taugt that the winning chances r far less intraday than a med to long term invstr...best of luck

ghosh_ak34

Yes! It advisable to trade on paper i.e. paper trading. Do not buy any stock in real terms. Just note the price of stock along with stock on paper and track the same according to the strategy and plan that you might have prepared. For example:

Date Stock Buy Price Buy Qty Sell Price Sell Qty Stop Loss
====================================================
23/10 Idea Cellular 143.5 1000 147.5 1000 140.10

Track your profit/loss on regular interval and review your strategy / plan accordingly. If you find that your paper trading is giving you profits that to for 3 months in a row, then you can say your strategies and plans are working fine.
Now, you are ready to trade in real world.

Happy trading!
Regards
Amit.

Thnx Ghosh, Mr.Sudoku and Mr.rkkarnani for your contribution.

Paper trading sounds good and risk free but it seems to be time consuming if am correct?

But if anybody cud answer as to wher the money goes in that 1 hour or may be from the opening of market period to close of the market period in intraday?