Need Help for new features: Getbhavcopy (Free NSE BSE Data downloader)

Hi,

Key Issues of using F&O data on standard software like amibroker & Metastock are,
1. creating unique Ticker name and identifying the group of like nifty, or perticular stcok group ticker list. (for example SBIN - shall contain 3 kind Future

data (Current , Next Month and so on) along with Option data which may be around 20 to 25 strike price (Call And Put option))

2. In EDO F&O Bhavcopy there about 26000 lines of data. out of which 99% are useless hardly any trade has taken place...about 1000-1600 has traded for the day. once you import into any standard application ... hard to use .. i could say near impossible.

Req.

1. Creating Unique Name that is Ticker Name.
2. Symbol shall be treated as Full name (That is FullName in amibroker)
3. filtering the data ( Where OPEN, HIGH , LOW, CLOSE is 0, Meaning while generating text file those to be eliminated)
4. EXPIRY_DT to be changed to I, II, III based on current month, next month and so on.( Only three months to be considered rest has to eliminated)

The following are standard colums of F&O Bhavcopy. Required are High lighted in Green.

INSTRUMENT
SYMBOL
EXPIRY_DT
STRIKE_PR
OPTION_TYP
OPEN
HIGH
LOW
CLOSE
SETTLE_PR
CONTRACTS
VAL_INLAKH
OPEN_INT
CHG_IN_OI
TIMESTAMP

ASCII or text file format output required is as follows,

Ticker Name(Generated using combination of the data)
FullName( same as the Symbol)
TIMESTAMP
OPEN
HIGH
LOW
CLOSE
CONTRACTS
OPEN_INT
CHG_IN_OI (Depending upon user req. user could choose, OPEN_INT or CHG_IN_OI while importing to amibroker or Meta stock)

Ticker Name generation.

SYMBOL + - + OPTION_TYP + - + STRIKE_PR + - + EXPIRY_DT

Note : EXPIRY_DT is modidfed one Like I, II, III

murthymsr

Right click Getbhavcopy.exe and select properties.

In the properties window clikc on the 'Compatibility' tab.

Out there select the check box that reads 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings'.
Thanks for the support.
I tried and I get the same problem as before.

Hi,

Yes. This is due to the high DPI setting on your machine.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix for this. And it seems this is a new setting in Vista and in Windows 7 (the next windows).

I will have to research this more before i decide on a resolution. This may be handled in the next version i would release.

Then then you may have to go to the default 96dpi setting for the time you want to use getbhavcopy.

I suggest if you are using a higher dpi for readability issues then try to use 96 DPI with a lower resolution to get somewhat same effect.

Regards,
Hemen
High resolution is chosen so as to make videos and gaming enjoyable. Higher DPI setting is to partly compensate the consequential reduced text size.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

murthymsr

Thanks for the support.
I tried and I get the same problem as before.

High resolution is chosen so as to make videos and gaming enjoyable. Higher DPI setting is to partly compensate the consequential reduced text size.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

murthymsr
Hi Murthymsr,

the high DPI issue has been fixed in version 2.0.1. Just replace the 2.0 exe with the new one and it will work fine.

Regards,
Hemen.

murthymsr

Hi Murthymsr,

the high DPI issue has been fixed in version 2.0.1. Just replace the 2.0 exe with the new one and it will work fine.

Regards,
Hemen.
Dear Hemen,

Thanks for the updated version 2.0.1. Now, I am able to see the display in full, in spite of the higher DPI. I have also downloaded the bhav copy from NSE for a day and the running is very stable.

While on the job, I made some observations, which you may please look into.

1) The option 'Ignore week-end' has more to do with the dates in the download tab rather than with the options Tab. You may think if shifting to the download tab next to dates is necessary. You may also think whether the description 'Include weekend' (default = unchecked) will bring in more clarity.

2) The data format for stocks and indice appear to be a bit different. For Indice, the values are WITHOUT suppression of leading zeros. Also the delivery volumes are not shown for Indice, which of course are zero. The sample data given below will bring out the difference.

20MICRONS,20090102,17.3,19.7,17.3,18.2,120522,40624

ABSHEKINDS,20090102,7.9,8.05,7.65,8.05,36073,0

NSENIFTY,20090102, 3034.60, 3079.85, 3021.80, 3046.75,318672508

NSEDEFTY,20090102, 2143.70, 2182.80, 2135.70, 2157.80,0

I am not sure how different TA software responds to this variation.

3) When I download the data a second time, the download status (log) is appended to the previous log in continuation. If a line break or two are inserted in between, the readability of the log may improve.

Also the second download just overwrites the earlier one WITHOUT any alerting. The program may ask for confirmation to overwrite before proceeding with.

I particularly like the feature to include the open interest in the price data, as it is not available in many similar programs, though AB and other TA software accept this field.

Thanks for the very stable and simple program.

Regards.

murthymsr