Need help for beginner to trade in F&O

Hi, it is not so. We can SELL first and later BUY to square off the same. I have account with IndiaInfoline and ICICIDirect. Please re check with Sharekhan definitely you must be able to buy SELL first. It should be posible.

AW10

Hi All,

I have a different question but was not sure where to post. I have a account with Sharekhan. They do not allow to sell a option (call or put) unless you buy it first. Is that true for other brokers also?
If yes, is there any way we can sell the option first and later buy it to square off.

Thanks in advance!
Alan
It might be question of the features connected to your account. Chk with your RM / or their helpline.
I have sharekhan acct and have no such restriction.

But as a reasonable practice, if u are new, then it is good that u don't have choice of short selling option.. This is standard practice in US as well where when u open account with a broker, a risk level is attached to yr profile (level 1 or 2). To use all risky option strategies of short put/call etc, u need level 4/5 type of access and brokers have their own criteria in terms of account size, your exprience in market, your training/learning of options basics etc..

Happy Trading

WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS FOR BAN OF A PARTICULAR SHARE, THAT IS
THE SHARE CANNOT BE PURCHASED OR SOLD IN FUTURES.
ANY PARTICULAR REASON WHY ITS DONE.
:clapping: