Need Gold historical data

rocky01

thanx a lot dude neil but as you gave me link so that i can update evry day you are knowing any website than kindly suggest it plz plz thanx 1c again....will be waiting 4 your reply

rpc

@rpc: sorry i cant answer your question ...

-neil
Hi Neil
Thks for the reply.Can you tell me if we can buy gold at mcx just like shares bought on delivery basis, and sell them after 3-4 yrs or is it just for futures since you have said we have to hold till expiry.
Best wishes for your exams.
rpc

rpc

hi neil
I will read abt contracts at mcx.
Thanks for explaining all these things.Will wait for your exams to get over to know your views on etfs.
Best Luck
rpc

About the question on ETF's, Exchange Traded Funds are somewhat like mutual funds in the sense that the fund value depends on the stock/commodity it owns. But unlike mutual funds ETF's are NOT managed and the underlying stock/commodity remains fixed similar to an index like sensex or nifty. You can trade ETF's like futures.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think the NIFTY future that we trade is an ETF similar to the SPY (aka SPIDER) of united states which is based on the S&P index.

advantages of an ETF:
1) Not Managed (well that could be a disadvantage for some)
2) Commissions and other fees are low compared to mutual funds (no paying fund managers etc.)

Hope this helps :)
Happy New Year 2010 to all

-neil

VJAY