Need for Forum for Advanced techniques

jace48

Its not about the elite few but a give and take discussion between those who are interested about a particular topic. After all this is a trading forum and there is no concept of 'something for nothing' in a traders dictionary.
Precisely the point. Why expect somethingy to always on give and take level and censor out out people who can simply observe two people discussing something and jotting down few notes?

Closed groups and closed forums are completely two different things. There is a PM facility available, is'nt there ? ... people can always form close groups/ chat rooms if they like.

I think it's the moderators responsibility to remove thanks-giving or 5 star ratings from stuff like this: http://www.traderji.com/words-wisdom/21271-new-dimension-trading-tg-vsa.html
(here finally cv had come... thats why gave the eg.)

These pages already have max no. of ads that a website can have. Also there are poor limits like 25 PMs or 0.5 MB of upload. Unless there is a strictly moderated seperate section for discussing better stuff, we can't have more participation ( ok more no. of eyeballs, if smoe1 wanna put it.)

Arggh... I just had it...(http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/22758-formal-studies-technical-analysis-3.html#post194035) Dear CV I concur.

Last edited:
C

CreditViolet

Sarr!

Wherever I am living, when did I gave the slightest clue that Simmons uses adx or tape reading :D . I was pointing to some people who think they are 'advanced' if they have just got 500 line code, ov tga-vsa stuff. Now not targeting ne1, plz dont take offence.

On ET, Maestro, futurestrader71,NYBOScaler,arcary.... have been pretty much more revealing than your one-liners.
But sir length of code has nothing to do with complexity and neither VSA stuff - its a chartist way of tape reading that's all. And again sir, advanced and complex are not the same.

I dont want to contest any allegations of not revealing anything, afterall this is a 'Discussion' forum, not a StripClub.

C

CreditViolet

Closed groups and closed forums are completely two different things. There is a PM facility available, is'nt there ? ... people can always form close groups/ chat rooms if they like.
Karthik was talking about a new subcategory, not a private forum.

karthikmarar

Ah.... Lots of discussions on Private forums.

What I had in mind was a forum with restricted access in terms of posting... sort of view only..posting access given by a moderator or starter of the forum.This is to avoid post like " I am new....want tolearn ..TA .... where do I metastock ... " or "visit my Blog for making millions ...". These post are really annoying in the midst of serious discussions.

I personally do not agree with the "Elite Group" stuff. Everybody want growth. They want to keep on improving. If there no growth they would rather migrate to other forums. Then there would not be any so called Elite group and none to teach the newbie. Then this would remain a forum of begineers, sellers of wares, tip mongers and blog promoters. Last three years I have seen many good people ready to impart knowledge and one fine day there decide enough is enough and left or became inactive. I would not blame them for doing it as it was their growth that was at stake.

And I dont think if we have restricted forums people like Saint, Asishda and Sanjay would stop imparting knowledge....

regards

jace48

I am not sure what's in the mind of the more equals, but I have my own questions
1) Is the subcategory readable to all?
2) In that subcategory>post do lesser equals equals have privilege to ask direct question pertaining to thread. Thanks message and appreciation can be removed for keeping the thread clean.

But sir length of code has nothing to do with complexity and neither VSA stuff - its a chartist way of tape reading that's all. And again sir, advanced and complex are not the same.
exactly what I meant. For a fighter pilot taking off a fighter jet is simple, but it's advanced for other people in the industry.

I dont want to contest any allegations of not revealing anything, afterall this is a 'Discussion' forum, not a StripClub.
It's all about how u take it.

For a while I thought I did'nt read properly, but
Maybe CV's idea of private forum would solve this...maybe...
from my first post:
I request to Traderji that there should be a new sub-forum titled "For Professionals". Members can request the administrator important threads that need to be placed there.
Ofcourse the title of the subforum matters the least.