NCFM Capital market exam. GUIDE ME ?

SwingKing

Sir after thinking a lot on what u told, now i realised that becoming a good trader is the best thing, because i feel i can work in some job and simultaneously i can trade.[getting into company and working in the company will it helps me to become and good trader] .I have heard but i dont know how true it is, by opening a brokerage company one can earn lot of money , is that true .
1. Becoming a trader and Investor is a completely different thing. If you want to work in some company and be in the stock market then be as an investor (1-5 yrs of investment). If you want to regularly trade in the markets then you will be classified as a trader (positional trader, day trader, swing trader etc). If you want to become a trader then DO NOT think of doing any job with it. Being a trader is a full time profession. How can u expect to concentrate on ur job as well as trading regularly.

2. Now learning from a job is a matter of debate. Most of the job goers have dull and mundane jobs from which they learn nothing. You will only learn something fruitful when you get into Research jobs (equity or derivative) or Prop desk jobs. However, even in these places it is more of 'mechanical' work that you will do. So if you are serious about markets, then let me tell you that the only person who will have to make the effort is you and the only tutor which will teach you the right thing is the Market.

3. Becoming a broker is not that easy. More often people say brokers earn a lot of money and to some extent it might be true. But if you become a broker then how will u become a trader. Coping up with the daily nuances of being a broker will take away most of your time. When will you read ? when will you trade ??

Be clear in your mind. What you want ? (Money, Will to beat the market ... knowledge)

Tc

Great answer FREIND. Know i have realized how serious is trading and stock market.As u said i will get into some research jobs(equity) actually one of my friends friend is working in some company as researcher. I can't ask them for details. Can u tell me how to get into those jobs, Please . TC

AW10

Thanks Raunak for very practical answers to Coollife's questions..
Coollife- hope u had seen my earlier reply to yr posts in another thread related to this topic. It is fine if you want to go for researcher's job.. but just keep in mind, research analysts, or employees don't make that BIG money. It is always employer who make more money out of them. So if you really want to make money.. then be independent trader.
You can take intermediate job to learn the tricks of the game at employers cost..but take effort to go independent in few months/years time.

Trading is a profession on its own. and as a trader you are running your own business.

All the best.

Mr. AW10
Thanks.I will keep all the things told by all of u while proceeding in this field.One Last request tell me how to get that research analyst job. What degree or criteria they look out for. Which are the companies in Bangalore which do that if u have any idea...

SwingKing

Great answer FREIND. Know i have realized how serious is trading and stock market.As u said i will get into some research jobs(equity) actually one of my friends friend is working in some company as researcher. I can't ask them for details. Can u tell me how to get into those jobs, Please . TC
1. First, target what you want in the industry. If its a research based job, then what exactly do u want to do in it. (Equity research, Sector Research, Economic research etc ....)
2. If you choose one sub-field, then the next step for u would be to specialize in it. Now this part is tricky. You need to be wel versed with the entity u r choosing as ur career. For Eg. If u decide to take up equity analysis job ... then u will need to follow a couple of sectors (both politically and fundamentally). Good research jobs are difficult to find .. and once u get an interview for em .. u will have to demonstrate ur command over that particular entity ... only then can u get selected in a good research based job ...
3. I'll be in a better position to suggest u ur qualification req only once I know what have u done till now ... (Undergrad ? ..job experience ?) Let me know and I will help u out on this ..

Tc.

1. First, target what you want in the industry. If its a research based job, then what exactly do u want to do in it. (Equity research, Sector Research, Economic research etc ....)
2. If you choose one sub-field, then the next step for u would be to specialize in it. Now this part is tricky. You need to be wel versed with the entity u r choosing as ur career. For Eg. If u decide to take up equity analysis job ... then u will need to follow a couple of sectors (both politically and fundamentally). Good research jobs are difficult to find .. and once u get an interview for em .. u will have to demonstrate ur command over that particular entity ... only then can u get selected in a good research based job ...
3. I'll be in a better position to suggest u ur qualification req only once I know what have u done till now ... (Undergrad ? ..job experience ?) Let me know and I will help u out on this ..

Tc.
Hi i am an master graduate. I have done MCA(Master of Computer Applications). Currently working in software field.
But have decided to quit it sooner or later once i get job as researcher.

SwingKing

Hi i am an master graduate. I have done MCA(Master of Computer Applications). Currently working in software field.
But have decided to quit it sooner or later once i get job as researcher.
Well, If I assume that you have done BCom in your undergrad, then I think you do (remotely) stand a chance to get in the research field. Being a MCA is a plus as when you eventually gain experience in trading, your knowledge in computers will be useful in developing your own trading systems.

However, now you have to see how you can get into the field of stock markets (research). Mostly good firms either want a CA, MBA Finance or MS finance for a research based job. Getting a job in this field depends a lot on the kinda competition you face. Let me ask you a simple question. Is it possible for a person with Bcom + MBA Finance to get a job as a Coder/Tester/Project Manager in Software industry. Hmmm ... sounds difficult coz he is competing with people like you who are already MCA. I hope you got my point. Software companies will obviously prefer a MCA candidate rather than a MBA finance candidate (because of suitability). So, same case applies to you. Why will a finance research company hire a person for market research etc with a background of Bcom and MCA? Won't they prefer a MBA finance, MS finance or CA. Obviously they will.

I dont intend saying that it is not possible. I intend saying that getting a good research job will be difficult. You are not properly qualified for a "educative" job. Some certifications from NSE will help. But based on those getting a research job still sounds difficult. Most of the Bcom grads are taken over for backoffice jobs by large financial MNC's and such jobs are completely mechanical. So you have to decide what you have to do. You might get into some small company if you demonstrate knowledge in research. From there you can move on to bigger firms. But be prepared to struggle.

Well, If I assume that you have done BCom in your undergrad, then I think you do (remotely) stand a chance to get in the research field. Being a MCA is a plus as when you eventually gain experience in trading, your knowledge in computers will be useful in developing your own trading systems.

However, now you have to see how you can get into the field of stock markets (research). Mostly good firms either want a CA, MBA Finance or MS finance for a research based job. Getting a job in this field depends a lot on the kinda competition you face. Let me ask you a simple question. Is it possible for a person with Bcom + MBA Finance to get a job as a Coder/Tester/Project Manager in Software industry. Hmmm ... sounds difficult coz he is competing with people like you who are already MCA. I hope you got my point. Software companies will obviously prefer a MCA candidate rather than a MBA finance candidate (because of suitability). So, same case applies to you. Why will a finance research company hire a person for market research etc with a background of Bcom and MCA? Won't they prefer a MBA finance, MS finance or CA. Obviously they will.

I dont intend saying that it is not possible. I intend saying that getting a good research job will be difficult. You are not properly qualified for a "educative" job. Some certifications from NSE will help. But based on those getting a research job still sounds difficult. Most of the Bcom grads are taken over for backoffice jobs by large financial MNC's and such jobs are completely mechanical. So you have to decide what you have to do. You might get into some small company if you demonstrate knowledge in research. From there you can move on to bigger firms. But be prepared to struggle.
Oh god then what option i have , because i cannot do regular MBA . I am feeling little depressed now. Can a distant MBA in FINANCE helps me.
Its disappointing that i made a wrong carrier choice in life .

rajputz

Its nothing like you take wrong decision COOLLIFE. In my opinion getting success in share market is totally dependent upon you. It needs a learning mind to do good in sharemarket. and if you want to to become a professional trader rather then some researcher then your qualification doesnt matter. cause to become a trader all you need is a learning mind. you can learn a lot here on traderji with all these helpfull members.

if you want then you can start with paper trade. when you are comfortable and have built some confidence then bring in the real money. in the mean time you can do your MBA in finance from some distant Learning program or NFCM certification. you decide based on your timing that what kind of trading you can do so that everything can work fine. you can be intraday trader or swing trader. but as i earlier said, that becoming a goood trader does not needs qualification, rather a creative and learning mind....i hope you have that!!