my trading history

VJAY

Good day today. Ended up having decent profit. But then today was an easy day without too many swings. Traded JP associates, got stopped out once initially re- entered and by noon was in profit. Did som partial bookings and got stopped out at 0225 on Trailing SL. Did nt enter again as just one hr to EOD though it went up further 1 Re.

But Its on days like yesterday that I should learn to earn else stay out atleast....
Itz was a great day tday but did a mistake by goin short on sesa goa...but nyways towards te end of the day got net gain of 700rs... :D
:clap: nice to see both you are winners yesterday.....keep going....

Today was a budget day so wide swings were expected. But there is no problems with wide swings. Daytraders live on volatility and quick action. I too had to reverse my position twice today.....but if the trade which is giving you 30 points profit reverses, you mast snatch 5-10-15 or whatever points profits you could....but NEVER let it go into a loss. Your trading capital should be at stake only for initial few minutes. Once the trade moves in profit......and if you see market reversing, pounce on it and grab some profits.And remember that market can reverse anytime without any warning.

The following two quotes describe the attitude day traders must have....they are not my quotes but I liked them. The first one is from some trader ( I dont remember the name ) and the second one is from a great trader Saint :

1) The Tiger must understand that he has to run faster than the fastest deer , otherwise he will die of starvation.

2) In daytrading we either become predators or prey.....we either eat or get eaten......

Just thought of telling you that you need to be aggressive in daytrading. Daytrading is not a relaxed armchair job....it is sitting on the edge of your chair job.....ready to move anyside.

Best wishes ....take care of few things and success will be yours.

Smart_trade
Hi Smart_trade,

when u say i've reversed my trade twice, then i nervously think , how much
practical experience is required to become a master like this..bcoz after taking a trade if market bounces against me then i become desparate and get out of position immedtly and then stunned..i cant think anymore and mind shuts..
one should keep calm mind and patiently do trading..hope someday i'll be
doing it.:)

Not a great day. Could have been great but was nt in the market for majority of the day. Internet connectivity problems. (Sigh!! Inspite of having 3 broadband connections.) I guess it was a bad idea to take Tata Photon + as the third backup when I already had two landline based connections. The photon plus is simply not upto it.....

Ended in profit though. Could ve made more but did nt want to take risk on a day of dicey connectivity.

Hello ,
My request to you is to trade only high beta A group stocks. Because when market falls, they also fall, but when market bounces back they would also bounce smartly unlike penny stocks (Who are remaing ill for most of the times)

Another decent day....
Reversed my position once and exited just in time before another reverse but did nt re enter as it was close to 0230 and I was already closed to being passed out. Seems all the late night research and browsing through the forum is taking a toll... No issue... Got to bear with it for a better tomorrow. My earnings after deducting brokerage stands close to 6 pc for the first three days of the month hope this does nt turn negative as time goes on....

One question that pops up in the mind is on the MM. I normally take up only one position. I find it difficult to handle multiple open positions. Is it then a good thing to put all your capital on one trade. The risk i m prepared to take is 2% and the final amount entered depends on this risk and the initial SL. So the risk is limited to 2 % although I may be entering with close to 50 % of my capital. I have read at places that one should not put more than 25 % of capital in one trade... Or am I missing out something..

@ Mods: Is this thread in the wrong place? SHould it be in the traders diary section? If so, how to move it?

in three months you have learnt so much, its a tremendous improvement.
I have been trading for seven years now. trust me i havent learnt as much as you have. Thank goodness to one guy from icici who explained me how greed and fear works in the market.

Since then i have been trying to control that fear and greed, and I am making decent trades, not that I am making lot of money, but i have gained tremendous consistency.

Thanks for sharing your view.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Intraday_Stock_Picks/