My trades based on "new way of pivot trading" and vwap

vijkris

Learner and Follower
vijay bhai , what about tracking top gainers stocks on updays and top losers on down days instead of fixed scrips , from nse or moneycontrol site?
ok... I tried something similar in this thread.. Now i forgot the criteria, but the afl used to scan Daily, hourly and 15 min tf and the position of MA in those 3 tf... If all 3 tf showed same direction means enter the pivot breakout..

So daily i used to get different scrips, eg: Bhel, Maruti, Infy, tcs, hindalco etc..

Issues i faced: Only pure trending scrips will be top gainers/loosers continously.
Most of the time previous day toppers went tuk tuk the next day. So it didn show up as toppers next day. Then on 3rd day again they became toppers.
So I couldn gain much.. Out of top3 toppers, only 1 may be pure trending...

I hope u understood the above line or else i ll explain it in a better way.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
ok... I tried something similar in this thread.. Now i forgot the criteria, but the afl used to scan Daily, hourly and 15 min tf and the position of MA in those 3 tf... If all 3 tf showed same direction means enter the pivot breakout..

So daily i used to get different scrips, eg: Bhel, Maruti, Infy, tcs, hindalco etc..

Issues i faced: Only pure trending scrips will be top gainers/loosers continously.
Most of the time previous day toppers went tuk tuk the next day. So it didn show up as toppers next day. Then on 3rd day again they became toppers.
So I couldn gain much.. Out of top3 toppers, only 1 may be pure trending...

I hope u understood the above line or else i ll explain it in a better way.
what I mean to say is out of hundreds of stocks some must be giving breakouts or breakdowns , so why not trade them instead of daily fixed group of stocks which may be in tuk tuk mode or no clear trend.

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Vijay did u use that afl atleast for a month. thats pretty good afl if u use it in long run with proper mm and trade management.
Yes sir,hinestly i didn use if for full month as i fixed my watchlist to 4 scrips.

Hope niftytaurus is using it.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
what I mean to say is out of hundreds of stocks some must be giving breakouts or breakdowns , so why not trade them instead of daiy fixed group of stocks which may be in tuk tuk mode or no clear trend.
yes.. Thats not a bad idea.. toppers are likely to show some trend and volatility...

xitija

Vijay Sir,I am interested to do crudeoil trading too.
You and Tuna Sir both doing crude trades.Tuna sir posting his 30points profit prints daily,that means his method is also nice.
What is the success rate of vwap method Sir?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Vijay Sir,I am interested to do crudeoil trading too.
You and Tuna Sir both doing crude trades.Tuna sir posting his 30points profit prints daily,that means his method is also nice.
What is the success rate of vwap method Sir?
Success depends on the trader and his risk management , method only 10%.

Just proves another of my points "The system is as good as the trader"
VWaP method is beautiful specially in sideways.. In trendiing anything will work... So i have restricted myself to use only pivots in trending and vwap+pivots in sideways.
I don't have exact data on how much is the success ratio. :p

xitija

Success depends on the trader and his risk management , method only 10%.

VWaP method is beautiful specially in sideways.. In trendiing anything will work... So i have restricted myself to use only pivots in trending and vwap+pivots in sideways.
I don't have exact data on how much is the success ratio. :p
how do you figure out that today its going to be a trend day or sideways day Sir?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
how do you figure out that today its going to be a trend day or sideways day Sir?
Answer was posted some time back...
Hi, after reading ur posts i think we both use vwap method in entirely different way.
I did little experiment at the final trade yday, yet to update the chart.

vwap's strength is in sideways days so i restricted its use only during that time. yday was trending day and all my trades used 2ma exclusively. Role of vwap was limited.
In ur 2nd post i think u meant that vwap is bearish, but candles are not red, so how to short?
In the above case 2ma comes into play, if 2ma says buy, even if it is below vwap, i ll take buy.
If u see the chart, i use 30 min or 1 hr opening range.
If both 2sd is in between op range, then vwap is king and follow that only.
If any one 2sd outside op range, consider it trending day and follow 2ma pivots, vwap is not considered.
Of course in both cases candle patterns like pin bar, engulfing etc is important.

Hope i m clear. Sorry to say i modified both the rules of 2ma and vwap, then only i was profitable in backtests, otherwise i faced similar issues what u r facing now.

So is it like below ?
On non-trend days: VWAP(&its 2 SD bands) will stay within opening range
On trend days : VWAP(&its 2 SD bands) will stray out of opening range

If right, can this happen any time during day, and
opening range is first 60 mins ??

Thanx