My trades based on "new way of pivot trading" and vwap

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
one basic question, can there be a rally in INSIDE bar.?

thanks
Yes, any temporary upward movement in a downtrend is a rally, it consists of trapped bulls and the bears who covered their short position to book profit. All rallies in a downtrend are chance to short.
Thanks

vivektrader

an example of adds causing disadvantage. this eg. is valid only if my entry criteria is correct.
I can't make out from your chart whether you added at break of each mpl (you are in a downtrend)

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Yes, any temporary upward movement in a downtrend is a rally, it consists of trapped bulls and the bears who covered their short position to book profit. All rallies in a downtrend are chance to short.
Thanks
if shorted that, it would have been a loss. so loss must be accepted in this case?
thanks

vivektrader

if shorted that, it would have been a loss. so loss must be accepted in this case?
thanks
I don't think you would have lost, you have to keep placing SL-L orders 2ticks below each successive rally candle until it gets executed.
Thanks

vivektrader

Re: My trades based on "new way of pivot trading" and vwap

Rally in a decline(arrow)

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I can't make out from your chart whether you added at break of each mpl (you are in a downtrend)
I entered late @12.25, due to relcap trade.
I did try to enter @ break of mpl 12.50 bar in downtrend. 12.50 bar made a new low.
BD failed without a spike:confused:
after that nice reversal
thanks

rjshem

about rally inside bar pls reread subhadip explanation of rally decline. ts trade entry should have been earlier mpl add also couple of bars earlier.nice trade in rcap

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Re: My trades based on "new way of pivot trading" and vwap

Rally in a decline(arrow)
the eg u showed is similar to ROSS HOOk re-entry technique, it was my first price action book I read, 4 yrs ago!!!! . Tried to make afl for hook techniques, but my afl skills were pathetic at that time:lol:
He said look for reentry within 3 bars.
thanks