My Target in Life - First a flat in Mumbai

onlinegtrash

All the best. There will be lot who will convince you it cannot be done. Just smile on those post.

It can be done. I have done it, so can you.

Just one advice from what I have learned from option trading in these years. Use more of common sense over too much technical. Simplest is the best.

:)
show us the proof (removing personal info) such as contract size crossing 1000 NiftyFutures or just admit you are just a fake newbie... leading the blind to the ditch.

Sure you can avoid this post and skip showing proof, well that will help to assess your credibility too.

Thanks Guys for your responses. I am glad my post atleast got so many responses so I have a lot of different perspectives to assess my goals from a neutral perspective.

Also just to clarify, All of these targets are post brokerage, but I have not considered taxes yet...Bt you know what screw the taxes for now, I dont want to bring that into the equation yet unless I make some profit which I shall only know by year end...I am on the move right now so cannot post my trades yet, but I can confirm tat I have made atleast 45k since 1st July. Which means I am abt 35k shy of my target with two more weeks to go before expiry. The only open position I have is Equity in Essar Oil, i bought abt 700@ 197.7 but then sold 300 at a loss of abt 3k net...So still have open position for EssarOil for 400. Thanks again, more details to come.

DSM

Life leads us to being skeptics. As for every 100,000 or more who dream big, possibly 99,900 would fail and be forgotten. But then there would be one Sharukhkan, one Dhirubahi Ambani, one or more J.K. Rowling and Stephen King, Col. Sanders, Soichiro Honda and Akio Morita who overcame great odds, and on whose dreams people would have laughed too.... There will be tens of thousands of such success stories..... many of them uknown, but ofcourse they represent a small population from the tens of millions who aspire and dream.

Coming back to the thread, what would have one said of many of the hedge fund billionaires who had the same dream of making it big one day?..... they persevered and won against all odds - though thousands or tens of thousands of others would have given up trying.....

Reading the first post - I too think that having a fixed timeline to double money is being naive as market can reverse its momentum, be sideways and in such case timebound targets can only frustrate. But it is only when one has a dream, a well defined goal, and a plan, with dedication, perseverance and a will to succeed does one count among the thousands of others who also hoped and tried..... Who are we to question another's capabilities? And one's destiny? For the matter, Sachin Tendulkar was rejected by the Aussie great Dennis Lilly when he attended the MRF Pace Foundation to become a fast bowler. Instead he was advised to concentrate on his batting!!! And prior to that, Sachin failed to impress even his school coach Ramakant Achrekar and failed to make it to the school team. It was only Sachin's brother's intervention that made Achrekar to give Sachin a second chance! Better to not laugh on anybody else's dream... because reality seems different to you. While not giving any false hope, its better to not stand in way of anybody's way....

Rish

Thanks Guys for your responses. I am glad my post atleast got so many responses so I have a lot of different perspectives to assess my goals from a neutral perspective.

Also just to clarify, All of these targets are post brokerage, but I have not considered taxes yet...Bt you know what screw the taxes for now, I dont want to bring that into the equation yet unless I make some profit which I shall only know by year end...I am on the move right now so cannot post my trades yet, but I can confirm tat I have made atleast 45k since 1st July. Which means I am abt 35k shy of my target with two more weeks to go before expiry. The only open position I have is Equity in Essar Oil, i bought abt 700@ 197.7 but then sold 300 at a loss of abt 3k net...So still have open position for EssarOil for 400. Thanks again, more details to come.
All the best...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

vijayanscbe

In 2008 , my calculation is smarter than your calculation.

25points per day in nifty future ie 500 points per month gives 25000rs (50-lot size in 2008),100% profit every month.

so with 25000rs invest 100% profit every month my calculation is like this

1st month 25k (capital) + 25k profit = 50k.
2nd 50k + 50k = 1lakh.
3 1lakh + 1lakh = 2lakh.
10 12800000 12800000 25600000
21 26214400000 26214400000 52428800000
24 2.09715E+11 2.09715E+11 4.1943E+11. :p

I am not mocking you,above said calculation is really done me, every body comes to the market to make fortune. But our calculations are not correct , no problem market will correct our calculations. Having Big dreams, Big goals, Every thing is achievable, But you cant put time brackets. I am 100% sure, as a successful trader, market is great place, Trading is a excellent profession, welcome to market. :clapping:

My one senior trader gave an advice when i am entering the trading
"You may lose more than 90% your 1st capital, before learning 1% of the trading, Strive hard not to lose that last 10%. Then you will become a successful trader "

The good thing is that he is giving a 4 months period for doubling, which means that he is not assuming a straight line upward path. He seems to have taken the ups and downs in his calculation with a generally upward trajectory.

Good luck, and keep us informed of your trades (not necessarily the balance available).

lemondew

As per my limited capabilities and experience I realised I cant with certainty double or even half my capital in fixed time with fixed trades. I might make more or less. Simply because market doesnt obey any certain laws to the dots. As someone said there is no perfect system or perfect mind and we have to live with imperfections in life.

Reading the first post - I too think that having a fixed timeline to double money is being naive as market can reverse its momentum, be sideways and in such case timebound targets can only frustrate. But it is only when one has a dream, a well defined goal, and a plan, with dedication, perseverance and a will to succeed does one count among the thousands of others who also hoped and tried..... Who are we to question another's capabilities? And one's destiny? For the matter, Sachin Tendulkar was rejected by the Aussie great Dennis Lilly when he attended the MRF Pace Foundation to become a fast bowler. Instead he was advised to concentrate on his batting!!! And prior to that, Sachin failed to impress even his school coach Ramakant Achrekar and failed to make it to the school team. It was only Sachin's brother's intervention that made Achrekar to give Sachin a second chance! Better to not laugh on anybody else's dream... because reality seems different to you. While not giving any false hope, its better to not stand in way of anybody's way....
In 2008 , my calculation is smarter than your calculation.

25points per day in nifty future ie 500 points per month gives 25000rs (50-lot size in 2008),100% profit every month.

so with 25000rs invest 100% profit every month my calculation is like this

1st month 25k (capital) + 25k profit = 50k.
2nd 50k + 50k = 1lakh.
3 1lakh + 1lakh = 2lakh.
10 12800000 12800000 25600000
21 26214400000 26214400000 52428800000
24 2.09715E+11 2.09715E+11 4.1943E+11. :p

I am not mocking you,above said calculation is really done me, every body comes to the market to make fortune. But our calculations are not correct , no problem market will correct our calculations. Having Big dreams, Big goals, Every thing is achievable, But you cant put time brackets. I am 100% sure, as a successful trader, market is great place, Trading is a excellent profession, welcome to market. :clapping:

My one senior trader gave an advice when i am entering the trading
"You may lose more than 90% your 1st capital, before learning 1% of the trading, Strive hard not to lose that last 10%. Then you will become a successful trader "