my swing/positional trades in nifty future

vinodkiyer

Hi Guys,

here I wish to keep a trading journal of trades taken by me on far month nifty futures which I take analysing spot nifty. I take entry in futures if my system gives same at 3.25 pm on SPOT NIFTY. once in position, I put trailing stoploss every day at 0930 and run until the day same is hit or when I get sell or cover signal in which case we close position at 0325 pm.

ALL VALUES ARE WITH REFERENCE TO SPOT NIFTY ONLY AS IT IS THE REAL INDEX.

I intend to update this thread on the day when I get a trigger entry at 325 pm and thereafter everyday with Trailing stop values at 0930 am until same is hit on SPOT NIFTY, so correspondingly I close my future position at whatever value it was when spot nifty stop is hit or a sell or cover signal.

my past trades were:

shorted NF when spot 5785 on 28/4/11
trailed stop which hit on 6/5/11 at 5551

shorted nf spot 5497 on 16/5/11
cover signal at 5430 on 19/5/11

shorted NF at 5385 on 23/5/11
trail stop hit at 5401 on 26/5/11

bought nf at 5475 on 27/5/11
trail stop hit at 5532 on 02/6/11

at present no position in hand and on "wait and watch" mode.

I am undertaking this exercise just to put on record as my trading journal,
not for selling or publishing any system or anything, and also not for anyone to get hooked and follow my system.

happy trading

PGDIMES

Why dont you give the NF price itself instead of giving Nifty Spot price :confused:
Vinod has elucidated it properly in the very first post. Why don't you read properly before asking your doubts!!! :confused::D

Vinod has elucidated it properly in the very first post. Why don't you read properly before asking your doubts!!! :confused::D
U were correct. I shd ve read ;) But now i did. And it still makes sense to post his NF values of far month even though the signals come from Nifty Spot. It makes sense to post your trading scrip than the index right? That way you know if you are making money or losing.